“A little out of the way but a gem!”

Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A little out of the way but a gem!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Hotel is a little but outside of SF downtown but to save the extra few bucks during peak season is well worth it. Front desk was good and rooms were clean. Everything you expect from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dixon, California
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is average at best. The world's slowest elevator! Woke up in the morning to find a spider swimming in my water glass. Called the front desk, the response was "sorry want us to come up and look at it?" No apology or another word from the staff. Last time I will stay there!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Joel S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk and the poor cleanliness which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Clairsville, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Saturday June 16th were arrived early and were greeted warmly by Kimberly at the front desk and welcomed with available early check in. The room was fresh and new. Even the view from our 5th floor room was nice. Transportation arrangements to site see and tour downtown and the wharf was convenient and easily arranged for us. Free shuttle to the airport to access the BART system was easily and quick. Private car service to the piers was equally easy and arranged. The hotel was very nice and beautiful in its appearance in the lobby and all around.
I would choose this location again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Palacerat
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This particular Holiday Inn has been renovated and is in an ideal location if you are flying in/out of SFO airport.. Thats about where my good experience stopped.. Upon Checkin at Aprox 7:15PM.. I waited 55 mins at the front desk while 1 clerk dealt with a guest, where she continued to tell us in line.. "I'm sorry, we are having a big problem with the airline folks checking in".. To me.. I don't really care what problems they are having.. Anyone having to wait 55mins to check into a hotel is absurd..When it was finally my turn to check-in the 2nd clerk stepped up to his computer and apologized for the delay. I asked where he had been this entire time.. With his response being "we all have been busy"

The clerk then asked if I parked a vehicle and I said yes, over an hour ago.. He then told me it was $9.95 to park.. Right there I knew it was going to be a long night.. This hotel has already lost its hospitality with me... It would have been easy to erase my 55 minute wait.. With taking off my parking (that I had no idea about) but instead he was very insistent about the charge.. (He did give me a bag of M&Ms for my wait and a bottle of water)..hardly pleasing.

The room was nice and renovated- tv was new and sleek and the bed looked comfortable, after what was a long work day.. Well again thats where it ended.. I tried to get a shower and much not to my suprise.. NO HOT WATER.. Amazing! I run it for a few minutes, still nothing..I then call the front desk where I informed the clerk.. "Much to his suprise"..he said he would update me with progress.. After 30 mins and no call back- I was starving and couldnt wait any longer, so I went down to there in-house restaurant(Houlihans) to eat. As I went down I stopped by the front desk to again an apolagetic Front Desk Clerk.. But still no resolution.. I was in this hotel for a total of 9 hours.. And it was 1 thing after another.. I do not ever plan to be back and also will second guess my Priority Club Loyalty.. Soley on the fact if this hotels customer service or lack there of.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bfree7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Bfree7,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Checked in here late on a Sunday night and had a very very early flight on Monday morning. Check in went very smoothly and they had the king room that we booked ready for us. The room was as would be expected and the bed very comfortable. We ordered a wake up because our flight was so early we really didn't want to oversleep. The wake up call rang at the appointed hour. We headed down to lobby for the complementary shuttle service to the airport. The shuttle arrived on time and delivered us to our terminal in plenty of time for our flight. I would not recommend this location for a vacation but is perfect when you need easy access to the airport!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After about 2 years from last visit for my church reward banquet function, I still gracefully for this hotel; Great location, fantastic renovated room, friendly desk attendants n good diverse atmosphere in overall

• Stayed May 2013
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently had an unscheduled stop in San Francisco and needed a hotel near the airport. Booked the hotel on hotwire and got a decent rate but was overall disappointed in the property. The hotel itself was decent enough but the area around it is rather grim and the restaurant in the hotel was terrible. Both myself and my companion felt unwell for most of the evening after our meal. I can't imagine I would stay here again if I didn't have too. A few years back I stayed at The Westin SFO and I quite liked that property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FlyJayClass
HolidayInnIntlArpt, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hello FlyJayClass,

Thank you for taking time out to write your review.
We appreciate that you felt good about the hotel.
We apologize for your perception of the area near the airport.
Your comments about your dining experience are greatly appreciated and give us the opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 29 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 29 in South San Francisco
Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport
Four Points By Sheraton San Fran...
#13 of 29 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 29 in South San Francisco
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport? Share your experiences!