“Best Place near SFO”

Deluxe Inn
South San Francisco, California
“Best Place near SFO”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

best place, good rates, and best Area (neighborhood)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank rocky2186

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed July 14, 2010

ok we drive and just about everything is booked in the area. Not horrible reviews and they have a room. Asked for price and was told 99 which came out to 145 with tax...wow who knew there was an almost 50% tax here?! I griped about the price and he gave me a total of 112. Being it was late I agreed. Got to the room and was hit with a horrible smell of smoke. I then go to use the restroom and spot hair on the floor...it was not mine and did not come from someones head. Ok I am super tired and am only going to sleep here. Go sit on the bed to feel the bed really sag where I am sitting. I reach down and feel the box spring is broken. As in wood shattered. This is the last straw so I tell the manager and he informs me that the bed is fine. That was it. I demanded a refund and he did so.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank nellenelli
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed February 14, 2008

None of the taxi drivers at SFO had ever heard of this motel. After driving around a couple times, several phone calls, and stopping at other motels to ask directions, we finally found it. It’s a couple blocks from S. San Francisco Kaiser.

Bare-bones tiny room with poor lighting in the bedroom area. No shower cap, shampoo, etc.; not even after 9-11 flying restrictions. The tiny bathroom had excellent lighting, but no where to sit down anything. Impossible to put on make-up in there. A wire hanger in the closet.

No bed bugs, the bed & pillows were surprisingly soft, not lumpy. But the fire extinguisher outside the room had a card that was so faded, nothing could be read and the fire alarm had the guts hanging on the outside.

• Liked — cheap & close to Kaiser
  • Disliked — no aminities like shower cap, shampoo, etc.
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 19, 2005

I travelled all around the US, this is the worst hotel/motel I've ever seen. I checked on Sunday, Sept 18th, 2005. Two lamps of this room could not be turned on, No local calls except you pay $0.5 per minute for the first three minutes, $0.05 per minute thereafter. The terrible thing I've ever encountered is: I was bited by the bugs, I could not sleep the whole night. I found around 30 red spots around my body in the morning: my neck, chest, waist, shoulder, arm, hands. I took the photos of my neck and would call the health department to complain.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2004

This motel is near the SFO airport but has no coffee and charged $2.50 "Convention tax" and $2 "nonsmoking room tax".

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bayhill Inn
#10 of 13 in San Bruno
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Deluxe Inn? Share your experiences!