Last stopover on the California family road trip before our flight home.
Arrived late as we made the most of our final day in Yosemite before the drive over. Even later because of the poor directions on the confirmation email. ...and who decided to call it Airport Boulevard South, when it is North of the airport??
Checked in OK, though had to change one of the 2xQueen rooms to a King because they were fully booked, and then arrange a roller-bed. This wasn't too much of a problem, unlike for other travellers who'd spend an hour trying to source one!
Had noticed Houlihans restaurant at the other Holiday Inn nearby so tried to eat there, but they'd 'closed early as it was a slow night' - it was only 9.40pm on a Saturday!! The only recommendation the desk could make was the IHOP across the road, so we made do; not the best end to a great holiday.
Whirlpool is for 18+ years only, which was a pain as I wanted the 13 & 15 year olds out of my hair whilst I packed. At least they could make use of the in-room Nintendo, albeit for an additional $8.95.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport North is centrally located just one mile north of San Francisco International Airport and minutes from San Francisco's world famous attractions and financial district. Complimentary amenities with each night's stay include a free hot morning breakfast buffet, free San Francisco International Airport and BART station shuttle service, free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, and free use of the hotel's 24 hour business center.The hotel also offers guests an expanded fitness room and whirlpool spa. In-room amenities in all of the the hotel's newly renovated oversized guestrooms include a luxury pillow-top mattress, 32" flat panel television, microwave/refrigerator, digital safe, cordless phone, two-line speakerphone with data-port and voice mail, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, and a large 48" executive desk with an ergonomic chair. A coin-op guest laundry facility and ATM are also available on-site.Park Stay & Go Packages are available, which can include up to 14 days of covered parking beyond your actual stay at the hotel.San Francisco City, Alcatraz, and Napa Valley Room and Tour Packages are available, which include both accommodations and tour pick-up and drop-off services from and to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North Hotel South San Francisco
- Holiday Inn South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Holiday Inn