Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Georgetown, Texas
“Pretty nice ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel at the beginning of a long trip from San Francisco to Stanford University, Yosemite, Las Vegas, and then finally the Grand Canyon.
The airport shuttle service that the hotel provides is very nice because it brought us to the hotel from the airport and allowed us to take the shuttle the next morning to the rental car center to pick up our rented vehicle. The people at the front desk were very lovely and friendly since they helped us with directions and gave us many tips on navigating The City.
We arrived at the hotel on New Years Eve and originally requested a room with two beds. Upon arriving we realized that we had been given a room with only one bed and also that the air conditioner was not working since it was 80+ degrees in the room. Therefore we quickly called the front desk and they said they would send the key right up for the new room. We were shown to a double bed room and were able to verify that the air conditioner was working properly. The new room was clean and the beds were very comfortable (a great place to relax on a hectic NYE and be able to rest before our long journey commenced). The next morning we discovered that the toilet was plugged and would not flush. This didn't bother us much since we returned to the hotel the next night around 10pm and there were bathrooms in the lobby. That night it seemed the toilet was ok again.
All in all, this was a nice place to stay for two nights and has a great location next to the airport and near The City that allowed us to visit many amazing places all in a day: The Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Twin Peaks, and Chinatown. Would definitely stay here again because of the friendly staff, the clean rooms, the included airport shuttles, and for the fact that there is an iHop right across the street!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank WorldTravelerJB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I’ve been staying at Holiday Inns a lot recently because they’ve consistently been very nice at a reasonable price. While it was still an OK stay it was easily the worst experience I’ve had at a Holiday Inn brand hotel in the past 15 years. The biggest issue was the unpleasant smells in my room; I use the plural because it seemed like there were multiple issues and some areas of the room had a slightly different unpleasant smell than others. The simplest thing to describe it as would be “musty” but to be more specific, it really reminded me of what my wetsuit and equipment smell like after a week of scuba diving in the ocean and being damp for a week straight…not a pleasant smell at all. I thought I’d get used to the smell so I didn’t complain or ask for a different room but unfortunately I was wrong and it bothered me the whole time. Another issue was that the deadbolt seemed to have a mind of its own and come out the first time you turned the door handle and required futzing with the handle to get it back in. A lightbulb in the bathroom was also burned out. The staff wasn’t bad but were slightly below average on the friendliness scale. Having to pay $10 for parking is annoying but I knew that ahead of time so it’s not really a complaint. No free goodies for gold members. Breakfast truly wasn’t out early so don’t plan on eating before an early flight (normally at least the cereal is out ahead of schedule). The location is great for the airport, especially if you’re dropping off a rental car since the rental car return is even closer to the hotel than the airport. Despite the convenient location I definitely won’t be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ScubaBucky
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear ScubaBucky,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Francisco.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

As an employee I was looking to find the best rate so stayed at the hotel. Now although was 30 minutes drive to downtown it was a straight highway and easy to find. The hotel was so much better than I imagined and I wish we had had more time to enjoy the hotel more. The rooms were very large with 2 double beds and the bathroom was lovely. The lobby area was a lot bigger than other expresses I have stayed in before and then in the morning we realised that the hotel had lovely views over a lake out the back. If the weather had been a bit warmer to we would have made use of the swimming pool which looked a good size

Room Tip: Get view of lake out the back of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We generally stay at Hilton or Marriott, but we just needed one night at a place with park and fly by the airport.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service and comfort.

Speedy fast wifi.

Hallway smelled like paint. Room a bit musty.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were looking for something clean and up to date and that is what we got. This hotel looks like it has been recently remodeled and the rooms were spotless. Great jobs by the cleaning staff, front desk staff and the people who cooked the breakfasts that were provided free of charge. In fact the breakfasts far exceeded our expectations with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereals, toast, bagels, fruits, yogurt and juices. I ate more than was normal for me for breakfast, but that is certainly not their fault. The shuttle to the airport ran on a regular schedule and was just a short ride to the airport or the BART station at the airport. Nice location, but there are only a couple other choices to eat nearby. One is the McDonalds, next door and the IHOP, which across the street. If you are willing to walk a block in the dark in a light industrial area, there is also a restaurant at the Holiday Inn Airport North. The food there was also pretty good. Otherwise, you will need to take a taxi to something better. We liked this hotel and will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay. We hope that you enjoyed your trip and will visit us again when you return to the San Francisco Area. You are correct, we did complete a renovation in 2011.

When you plan to return to the area and if you need any reservation assistance please do not hesitate to email me directly at RajL@expressSFO.com.

Raj L.
Operations Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have an injury which makes it difficult to sleep comfortably without pain but this Holiday Inn Express mattress made it possible - perfect firmess not too hard or soft, no pressure points, and you can rest in one position for hours, so good Im buying one for myself.
Thank you Holiday Inn Express for such an incredibly comfortable stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to rave about our hotel. If you are interested in more information on our mattresses, please feel free to contact me.

We hope that you will visit us again when you are in the San Francisco Area. If you may have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel or you may email me at RajL@ExpressSFO.com.

Regards,

Raj L.
Operations Manager
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I read the reviews before staying here about the bad water pressure, slow WiFi and shuttle service issues. I did not experience any of these things, so hopefully they were isolated issues.

In my experience, the shuttle service driver was friendly, helpful and picked me up at the airport exactly where I was told to wait. The front service staff was also cheerful at check-in. The public areas I saw were clean with no issues. My room was clean. The wall-mounted HVAC unit in my room was pretty loud when it came on and I thought the mattress was a little soft, but not enough issues here for me to downgrade my review.

This is a fairly typical Holiday Inn Express with SFO airport hotel prices. Don't expect a full-blown upscale hotel with a HI Express or cheap nightly price at the SFO airport and you will not be disappointed. I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feed back and we will have our staff review your concerns and make sure that they are corrected appropriately.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 stars 1,656 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 stars 762 reviews
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#19 of 28 in South San Francisco
3.0 of 5 stars 594 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#11 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 stars 306 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.5 of 5 stars 274 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!