We arrived at this hotel at the beginning of a long trip from San Francisco to Stanford University, Yosemite, Las Vegas, and then finally the Grand Canyon.
The airport shuttle service that the hotel provides is very nice because it brought us to the hotel from the airport and allowed us to take the shuttle the next morning to the rental car center to pick up our rented vehicle. The people at the front desk were very lovely and friendly since they helped us with directions and gave us many tips on navigating The City.
We arrived at the hotel on New Years Eve and originally requested a room with two beds. Upon arriving we realized that we had been given a room with only one bed and also that the air conditioner was not working since it was 80+ degrees in the room. Therefore we quickly called the front desk and they said they would send the key right up for the new room. We were shown to a double bed room and were able to verify that the air conditioner was working properly. The new room was clean and the beds were very comfortable (a great place to relax on a hectic NYE and be able to rest before our long journey commenced). The next morning we discovered that the toilet was plugged and would not flush. This didn't bother us much since we returned to the hotel the next night around 10pm and there were bathrooms in the lobby. That night it seemed the toilet was ok again.
All in all, this was a nice place to stay for two nights and has a great location next to the airport and near The City that allowed us to visit many amazing places all in a day: The Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Twin Peaks, and Chinatown. Would definitely stay here again because of the friendly staff, the clean rooms, the included airport shuttles, and for the fact that there is an iHop right across the street!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport North is centrally located just one mile north of San Francisco International Airport and minutes from San Francisco's world famous attractions and financial district. Complimentary amenities with each night's stay include a free hot morning breakfast buffet, free San Francisco International Airport and BART station shuttle service, free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, and free use of the hotel's 24 hour business center.The hotel also offers guests an expanded fitness room and whirlpool spa. In-room amenities in all of the the hotel's newly renovated oversized guestrooms include a luxury pillow-top mattress, 32" flat panel television, microwave/refrigerator, digital safe, cordless phone, two-line speakerphone with data-port and voice mail, iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, and a large 48" executive desk with an ergonomic chair. A coin-op guest laundry facility and ATM are also available on-site.Park Stay & Go Packages are available, which can include up to 14 days of covered parking beyond your actual stay at the hotel.San Francisco City, Alcatraz, and Napa Valley Room and Tour Packages are available, which include both accommodations and tour pick-up and drop-off services from and to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North Hotel South San Francisco
- Holiday Inn South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Holiday Inn