All reviewssan franciscofree breakfastfree shuttleyogurtan early flightrental carroom was largeunited airlinesbusiness centerparking feecoffee makershuttle servicebed was very comfortableone night stayairportsfofly
Reviewed July 18, 2008

This was my second stay at this hotel. This hotel offers a good blend of value and amenities right next to the airport in San Francisco. The pool looked nice and I found the business center useful. The hotel is fairly new and our room was fairly big. Our room's carpets needed to be cleaned, since my wife's white socks got dirty during our stay. The hotel staff was nice and helpful.

While I will search for a better deal around the SFO airport on my next trip to San Francisco, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Rooms were fine. Service was terrible – both the property and 800# reservations agent provided inaccurate or incorrect information. The 800# said we could use Priority Club points for the reservation, but it turns out they are not available for park-n-ride reservations. The front desk misrepresented the roll-a-way bed availability, the airport shuttle schedule and were generally rude and uncooperative during the check-in process. The property is not well-set up as an airport parking alternative – all of the parking is on site at the hotel and there are not enough spaces for the regular guests’ cars and park-n-fly cars. We had a 6:00 am international flight and wanted to catch the 4:10 am shuttle; we let the front desk know about our plans for the morning and were assured there would be plenty of room for our party of 13; we were told our hotel was the shuttle’s first stop. When the shuttle arrived at the hotel the next morning, it was PACKED. If we hadn’t strong-armed our way onto the shuttle, we certainly would have missed our flight.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We used this hotel to do a park-stay-fly for an 11 day trip. Arrived there Friday 6/13 in the afternoon and as a previous post stated, the parking lot was full due to a meeting that was being held there. After removing our luggage from our car at the lobby, we then parked in the overflow lot which was empty and were advised to check back after dinner for a parking space as the lot should clear out by then. We checked into our room which was fabulous - spotless and very comfortable. The only noise we heard was the occassional plane, but hey, we chose this hotel because it's near the airport, so no big deal. Didn't bother us a bit and we had a peaceful sleep. Nice comfortable beds with fluffy comforters and a choice of soft or firm pillows! For dinner, there's a Holiday Inn about an 1/8 of a mile down the street that has a Houlihan's in it where we had a nice meal. After dinner, we found a good parking spot right near the lobby entrance where our car remanined safe and sound. Kudos to the staff here - the car keys slipped out of my husbands pocket while on the airport shuttle in the morning. Once he discovered this, he immediately called the hotel - they recovered the keys and kept them in a safe place for our return 11 days later - boy were we relieved! The only thing that would have improved our stay would be if breakfast was served a bit earlier. It isn't served until 6:30am and we had to be on the shuttle by then. Accomodating early morning travelers would be an improvement. But, it turned out not to be too big of a deal as there is a 24 hour McDonald's next door and we just brought our breakfast in from there. If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay with good customer service, I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I arrived at the hotel on a Friday afternoon around 4 p.m. to find the parking lot not only completely full, but there were also several cars blocking exits. Luckily there was another individual attempting to check in when I was who informed me of overflow parking down the street (also lucky that I was in a small car, because there's no way anything larger than a Kia would be able to make it out of there in one piece). The overflow parking lot turned out to be a rather-sketchy factory lot with no other cars in it, and no one around. It took me about 5 minutes to drag my luggage back over to the hotel, where I found out that my reservation wasn't on file (even though I'd booked it weeks before on their website) and they tried to put me in a different, more expensive room. Eventually they found my reservation, but not before the front desk agent implied that I had incorrectly spelled my name - even though all of the information was correct on my confirmation. I inquired if parking spots would become available later, as I was a bit nervous about leaving my car and I was told to "check back later" and "it is almost 5 p.m." Next time I guess I should ensure that my flight is earlier to accommodate their needs!

The room itself was ok, pretty clean and the bed was comfortable (I've never been to an Express that wasn't ridiculously comfortable). It is extremely noisy - its close location to the airport means you are right in the flight path, but if you like watching planes take off you'll enjoy it. It's probably a good idea to eat beforehand as well as there's next to nothing to eat around there (unless you like McDonalds or IHOP).

Around 10 p.m. I went back to the front desk to ask about the parking situation, which had gotten even worse so I ended up reluctantly having to leave my car in the dimly-lit parking lot. In the morning when I went to put my bags back into my car I got soaked by sprinklers which were all over the sidewalk - if you're going to make people walk to a different building to park, don't put the sprinklers right there!

The breakfast was ok and the hotel was alright, but I think I'd go for the Travelodge across the street next time as they had ample parking. Also - customer service goes a long way. If someone had simply apologized for the lack of parking, or re-assured me that the overflow lot was safe/patrolled I would have enjoyed my stay a lot more. You're near an airport - obviously people are going to have cars! Don't act surprised when people want to park within walking distance of your hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank canucktraveller83
Reviewed April 1, 2008

This hotel is run by scam artists. I would recommend you avoid it at all costs. After making reservations for their SFO park n fly offer several months earlier, we arrived at the hotel last fall only to be told that although we requested two beds for our family of four, they could only provide one king bed. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago.... we thought we'd be smarter this time so we put our two-bed request in writing several weeks in advance and stated that if the hotel could not accommodate the request they should notify us with advanced notice. When we called the hotel the morning of our check-in date to confirm that we would be given two beds, we were told that they could only provide one king and that if we canceled we would be charged a one-night penalty. We gave the hotel manager and Holiday Inn corporate several opportunities to reconsider charging the cancellation fee, considering the fact that they could not honor our reservation request. They refused.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I guess we were too trusting, but we won't be fooled again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family