“Is a Cash Deposit necessary on a PrePaid Room?”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Augusta GA
“Is a Cash Deposit necessary on a PrePaid Room?”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had pre paid for a room at the HI Express at the SFO airport. Upon arriving was asked for a deposit to cover charges. I asked what charges, he said parking and bottled water. I informed him that I had just arrived via taxi, and I would resist the water, which was $ 3. So I would have to have drank 33 bottles, to use up my deposit, which 33 were not available by the way. The room was average at best, and the bathrooms were dated. I will stay elsewhere next time. Found the front desk rude at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank johnucfsae
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear johnucfsae,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. My apologies for the disappointment you had with the service you received during your stay as well as your room accommodation. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel caught my attention right away because of the cleanliness. It was spotless and that includes the room. The next thing was the staff. They were very professional and friendly. Made my quick stay stress free and that's what matters the most.

• Stayed March 2013
Winters, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pros: Really comfortable beds and pillows, quiet room, park and fly available for up to 2 weeks.

Con: 1) The hotel told us they had a free shuttle to and from the airport, but didn't tell us the shuttle stops running after midnight (they did ask for our flight info). Taxis were unwilling to take us on such a short trip- we had to pay $20 for our taxi to get someone to take us. 2) We checked in at 4:00 am, but were woken at 8 by a maid knocking on the door asking us when we planned to leave the room (on Sunday morning!). We thought she woke us at 7, because 3) The clock in the room was an hour off- not great in an airport hotel.

Suggestion: The Oyster Point Inn is a little further away (but closer to the city), is rather nice (fireplaces in every room, on a beach, lovely view), runs a shuttle until midnight (after which they will reimburse you for your taxi) and includes free breakfast. At least last time I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Macaw01
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport North, we would like to thank-you for your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and positive review of the hotel. As for restaurants, we regret that you may have not received our list of local restaurants with staff ratings. We do have many different dining options within walking distance or a short drive from the hotel. During your next visit, please be sure to drop by the hotel front desk so that we can help you find a local dining option.

Regards,
Raj L.
New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here one night before flying home from a business trip. It was nice and the room was very clean. The pillows on the beds were very good and I got a very good nights sleep. The restaurant in the lobby was nice and I had a really good steak there. The shuttle to the airport was on time and got me to my airline with more than enough time to spare.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Caruthers, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here during the last night of our visit to San Francisco. Since this hotel was a much better value than our Downtown hotel, I wish that we had stayed here during our entire trip to San Francisco. The hotel was only ten minutes from Downtown. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They truly went above and beyond our expectations. The hot breakfast buffet was typical of the breakfast found at other Holiday Inn Express properties. The airport shuttle service starts very early in the morning, which allowed us to turn in our rental car one day early. Overall, it was a great stay at an impeccably clean and modern hotel that had all the right amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidbarber453
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Barber,

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to the San Francisco area. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you when you return to the San Francisco area in the future.

Regards,

Raj L.
Operations Manager
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My daughter and I had two overnight stays at the Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport -- North in January (5th and 18th) while attending cultural events in the city. I chose this hotel because of 1) it was cheaper than staying in the heart of San Francisco; 2) its location away from the city (but close enough) and near the freeway and 3) for the points-- as I am a Priority Rewards member. I also prefer staying at the Expresses versus the full-blown Holiday Inns (one is located a couple of blocks from this Express) because they are no-fuss, efficient and adequate for my simple need to just have a clean, comfy place to stay overnight. I also like the free breakfast these establishments provide which saves me money. Both overnight stays delivered-- they were uneventful. The first night not only did the front desk clerk suggest a great Italian restaurant for dinner that was just a couple of miles away (Buon Gusto), about 10 minutes after getting to the room she called to ask if our room was okay -- nice touch. About an hour later while trying to figure out how to work the remote for the TV, I called the front desk for assistance; the clerk indicated she'd have maintainence come up to help. Within five minutes the technician knocked on the door and gave a tutorial on how to work the remote control. About 30 minutes after the technician left our room, the clerk called again and asked if maintainence had come and helped us out. Again, great customer service! The second overnight stay went just as smooth. In fact, my daughter and I were placed in the same clean room with the comfy queen-size bed:) I plan to return to San Francisco at least another 1-2 times this year and will book a room at this Holiday Inn Express without hesitation. In fact, this will be my Holiday Inn Express of choice for all future visits to San Francisco.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keepinitrealincali
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again, during your next visit to the San Francisco Area.
midwest
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We utilized this property because of its proximity to SFO and our need to get to the airport for an early flight. We arrived in mid PM the day before our arrival and were welcomed by John Nguyen at the front desk. What a pleasant experience to be greeted by this individual! He was most helpful anticipating our needs for a proper shuttle pickup time, provided really good directions for rental car return and a nearby restaurant we wanted to visit, etc. We have traveled 50+ years and I must say this was the most pleasant courteous front desk reception we have ever experienced. John is to be commended for his approach to guests. The room itself was clean and quiet considering its proximity to the airport. The shuttle was very clean and on time, and we were assured if it arrived without room for us that a second one would be called within minutes to accomodate our needs. The breakfast meal was fine, and the dining area was whistle clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MidwestAldo
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in sending your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to commend our staff appropriately.

Once again, thank you. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport
Four Points By Sheraton San Fran...
#13 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!