All reviewssan franciscofree breakfastfree shuttleyogurtan early flightrental carroom was largeunited airlinesbusiness centerparking feecoffee makershuttle servicebed was very comfortableone night stayairportsfofly
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The last night of our trip we stayed here. I made reservation 8 mo. in advance and they told me I saved $400 by doing this?? Really?? Biggest tip is book early....lol Suite was super nice and so comfy wish we had stayed there longer. Fantastic breakfast included in the morning. Highly recommend...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I love the fact that this hotel doesn't have a restaurant, which means that there is no noise and very few guest who linger around downstairs. This hotel is very quiet and I loved it. Great for relaxing when you've been out sightseeing all day. I also loved the rooms which were very clean and contemporary and sleeping in the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, very soft. The continental breakfast was very good, sausage, eggs, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, cereal,yogurt, and my absolute favorite, the HOT CINNAMON ROLLS!!! OMG, probably the best cinnamon rolls i've ever had! Anyway, great hotel and I will definitely be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank trippin4sho
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chose this hotel since it was located close to the airport with free shuttle. You also could get this shuttle back to airport to catch the BART train downtown if you don't rent a car. First of all, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The property is clean, full breakfast buffet, and our room was cleaned everyday. We got a good price for our stay. Second, this location is far from attractions so there is not much to do after a return from downtown. Also, no dining or bar area in this hotel, so the only choice for local dining was IHOP, McDonalds, or Hungry Hunters that was closeby. Great place overall!

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is your basic Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy, but for a short stay, this is a very good value. You have everything you need for a one night stay, but probably no more. It's very close to the airport and the hotel provides free shuttle service in both directions. The rooms were basic but fine and the price was right. There are limited food options around the hotel. Then include a McDonald's next door, and an ihop down the street, but otherwise there is not much in the way of restaurants or stores within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel staff were all helpful and anxious to please the bussiness traveler. The hotel also offers free wi fi.

1  Thank evans81051
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties all over the country and have never had a bad experience. This one was disappointing, indeed. I'll start with the positive aspects of our stay...the rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and the airport shuttle system worked efficiently. But, that about sums up the good things. We didn't get more than an hour of sleep the night we stayed there. We were given a room in the middle of a hallway full of international teenagers. They ran up and down the hall slamming doors ALL night long! I spoke with the kids, the chaperones and the front desk clerk and got no help with this matter. I would have switched to a different floor, but that wasn't offered. I was secretly hoping to seek revenge on the kids by waking them up on my way out to my 4am shuttle, but their party was still going on...darn! I've since written to the hotel manager and to corporate guest services and have gotten no response. I'm a Priority Club member, but will switch allegiance after this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor without teens running rampant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear dfries10,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Member and taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you liked our room accommodations and you found our airport shuttle service suitable to your needs. I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the noise levels at the hotel. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G.