“Excellent Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice hotel! It´s a new hotel, nice rooms and bathrooms, huge TV, very confortable bed. The neighborhood is very quite and safe.The Shuttle service is excellent. If you are looking a good hotel to have a good night of sleep it´s the perfect place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
HEXS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you again when you are in the San Francisco area.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

After getting lost for over an hour and a half late at night, we knew we had to stay near the airport for our flight the next day. Not having a computer we drove on the free-way aimlessly looking for signs of accomadation. A gas attendant directed us to this location and weary eyed, I checked for vacancys expecting to pay a fortune (busy Friday night in July) and to my relief the friendly girl on the desk, said yes they were pretty much full, but had a king size room available with free breakfast, complimentary wi-fi, free parking and late check-out available for $134! Also, if we wanted she said we could check out by 2pm instead of 12. I wanted to hug her, we were so stressed and tired by that point. The room was lovely, clean, spacious and so comfortable. It was 10:15 and we had not eaten, so they recommended walking over to Maxes Restaurant (next door) which was so good, had late night menu, friendly staff, very decent food and prices. Next morning, to our delight, the drive to SFO took less than 10 mins. So glad we found this place.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel experiences problems between the hotel’s reservation system and the brand’s online booking. My reservation was verified, but was not honored upon check-in. Sindy at the front desk stated this is a frequent problem with this hotel (see post 6/23/12 for similar experience). The only assistance given was to provide me with an 800-number to call. Sindy stated the only assistance she could provide was to create a new reservation and charge me for both the original and new reservation. Upon shift change, Tess, the evening desk staff, assisted by calling Priority Club’s Guest Relations. Over an hour was spent on the phone resolving the problem. Additional problems occurred upon checkout including being over charged for the rooms.

Thanks to Tess, Priority Club’s Guest Relations and the Operational Manager for finding workable resolutions. However it took several phone calls, escalating the issue with the Brand and a considerable amount of time to resolve the problems. The indifference and the lack customer service on the hotel’s part are disconcerting. A great deal of time and aggravation has been involved in this stay and a reservation through on-line booking at this hotel does not guarantee you will have a room. ~ Marie R.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Marie R
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Delays with American Airlines from Miami prompted a quick call to Priority Club they said the area was fairly full but there was a room at the Holiday Inn Express,Airport North.Further delays had me arrive just after midnight,at this time of the early morning hours there was no shuttle and a taxi that did take me abused my sensibility saying they wait long hours for rides into the city so a 10 bucks ride of minutes cost me 20 Even then and for not paying attention the driver out of spite took me to the wrong Holiday Inn...........Redirected by the night manager I had to drag my suitcases a few blocks to find the other location next door to Mc Donalds. Quickly checked in to find a very basic room,clean and tidy but I think it was expensive for a weekend night.I was told in the morning the price was because they are always full due to their location.In the morning I was picked up in a multi stop shuttle which was the last pickup point and in terminal in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Upgrades are automatic for reservations made by Priority Club Members...This is Holiday inns frequen...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel part of our vacation in San Francisco.
Our stay was wonderful, the stuff is very friendly and supportive specially Fran from the front desk which gave us the necessary support in a very friendly way. The hotel is locating in best place very close to the airport and not to far driving from the SF downtoun. It nice, clean and well maintain with good breakfast – we love this hotel !!! Thanks

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had two days of travel hell with United Airlines and was forced to stay at this hotel because of a missed connection. Needless to say, I was not in the best of moods. Ms. Fran McBride was a bright spot on an otherwise crappy day. Her professionalism and friendliness eventually pulled me out of my funk. I very much appreciated her calling my room to insure that all was adequate (it was). I definitely recommend this stop for any stranded travelers.
Ken

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the HI Express North near SFO. Compared to other hotels' pricings and location near the airport, we were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The hotel clerk was nice enough to call us a cab which he said would take 10 minutes. The courteous cabbie showed up in about two. A person riding a shared shuttle told us he had paid $300 for a room that was just down the way. Believe me. His hotel's exterior appearance certainly wasn't nearly as nice as the HI Express North. I can only imagine what it looked like inside. Only drawback we encountered was the night clerk may have needed to enunciate his words a little more clearly. I had a very difficult time understanding him. Overall, super job- Holiday Inn Express North!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!