All reviewssan franciscofree breakfastfree shuttleyogurtan early flightrental carroom was largeunited airlinesbusiness centerparking feecoffee makershuttle servicebed was very comfortableone night stayairportsfofly
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is the perfect stay for the night before your flight. Other than that, it is not convenient to anything else. Hotel is clean, comfortable, and has a courteous staff. There is complimentary shuttle to airport terminals that runs every 30 minutes. The first shuttle was full but the hotel called for back-up immediately and it came within 5-10 minutes. Heat & serve expanded continental breakfast is adequate and is included.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

For travelers like me, who like all that SF has to offer, but like to escape at the end of the day to a more tranquil and relaxing setting, this hotel is it. Other hotels of this quality in the Bay area were averaging around $150-$180 and we booked our stay here in the low $100s. We were provided a very clean room, continental breakfast, a small, but accessible workout facility and perhaps most importantly, free transit to the airport and BART station to get into the city.

I loved the hotel and am confident you will too. However, those travelers staying at this hotel as an access point to the city should know that where a typical ride on BART from the San Bruno station (nearby to the airport) costs around $3.55 one way, from the airport the ride is around $8.50 one way (captive audience). We did not realize this and given that we made trips ever day for 3-4 days, it cost us more in transportation than we anticipated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cascader503
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Conveniently located near the airport. Main reason for choosing this hotel being its just five minutes walks from Dudley Perkins Harley Davidson store.

Breakfast is great and having free wifi and good selections of TV channels.

Other than that it meets expectation as compared to HI Exp in other cities in US

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked this through hotels.com, trying to assure that there would be a sofa bed in the double room to accommodate my three teenagers, one of them 6’ 5”. Although they could not add a sofa bed or cot to our double, queen room, they did move us into a king room with a sofa bed and cot. So they were very nice and accommodating. The abundant buffet changed a bit each morning and was quite good. This is a very reasonable place to stay in San Francisco, and only 15 minutes from downtown (if the traffic allowed).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a newly updated and modern HIE with a smaller number of rooms. I chose it because I was flying in the night before an early morning flight to South America and just needed a place to crash. There is a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes (it is not on the half or quarter hour as the desk told me) and it picked me up at 10 after the hour.

Even though I didn't drive here, I did notice when the shuttle pulled in that the parking lot was completely full and some cars were parked in "creative" spaces. I'm not sure if these were park and fly cars or guests, but if this is typical you'd have a hard time finding a place for your car.

The room was modern and clean and average in size, but I really appreciated the linens on the bed, the black out shades, and how quiet everything was - made for a great night sleep. The next morning I had the free hot breakfast and enjoyed the pancake machine and eggs. There were plenty of tables for everyone to sit at and it was occupied by mostly business travelers.

I wasn't here long enough to experience any other amenities, but the staff was friendly and helpful and it was a great way to do a quick overnight.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business