1,040 results
All reviewsvictor parbhoothe general managerfront desksan franciscoroom was cleanfree parkingcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsgreat place to staymini fridgenice stayconvenient locationbagelsairportfreewayshuttleflight
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I chose this hotel because we had to be at the airport by 5 am. The rooms are fine, but the location is not good. There are no restaurants anywhere and the neighborhood is scary. We heard fighting in the parking lot for part of the night. There are many other hotels near the airport, I would stay somewhere else. It is the farthest stop on the shuttlebus.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank cpapat
Reviewed March 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night so we could be close to the San Francisco airport for an early morning flight. The room was a generous size and included a small fridge and microwave. The room seemed pretty clean and everything was in reasonable condition. I thought the price was good considering the proximity to the airport. They had a continental breakfast which included coffee, bread/toast, cereals, and a wafflemaker. The staff was also friendly. It's not a fancy hotel by any means but I would recommend it to travelers who need a decent place to stay that is close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2006

This hotel is horrible! I booked a room for one night so that we, my 3 children and I, could catch our early morning flight more easily. When we arrived at the hotel I noticed there were no other people walking around in the hotel or in the areas in front of the hotel or streets in front, it was very odd. After giving my credit card to the hotel front desk person I asked my brother in law to not leave until I looked at the room. I went to the room and looked out the window and saw two groups of gangsters hanging out outside of the hotel. I immediately went downstairs and told the hotel clerk that we would not be staying since I did not feel safe with the gangs outside and I knew I would need to walk with my 3 kids to a "nearby" restaurant.( I did not see any restaurant anywhere near this hotel EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE SAYS THERE IS.) He told me he could not cancel my reservation since it was their policy to not cancel after the credit card is given at check-in.(3 minutes prior to this moment!!) I was cancelling prior to 6pm and was never told of any other policy than cancel prior to 6pm. I was charged $77.86 for a room that was misrepresented on their website and does not state the cancellation policy and MOST IMPORTANTLY IS NOT SAFE TO STAY AT. I gave him the room key back(prior to 6pm) and immediately left and found a room at the Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport North. It cost a lot more to stay at the Holiday Inn, but our safety was worth it.
BEWARE OF RAMADA LIMITED & SUITES SAN FRANCISCO AIRPORT!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank carolinamom3
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Victem of Hotel Overbooking

When we arrived at the Ramada Limited & Suites San Francisco Airport on September 27, 06 we were informed that we had to take a smoking room. According to the desk clerk the only room available was a smoking room, he also stated that we had ordered a smoking room when we made the reservation.

When asked that we be shown were on the reservation a smoking room was indicated, the clerk could not.

I have a respitory challenge and had to refuse the room. Contacted American Express and they worked with us to find another hotel in the area.

The Ramada Limited & Suites San Francisco Airport advertised airport shuttle service, which we used to get the the Ramada Limited & Suites San Francisco Airport. We asked for a pick-up from the shuttle service to take us back to the airport where we could get the shuttle to the new hotel American Express reserved for us. Two phone calls and one hour and 45 minutes later the shuttle service picked us up. The shuttle driver was nice enough to go off route and deliver us the new location. Wonder if we would have been able to catch our flight the next morning if we had to rely on the shuttle service to the airport.

While waiting for the shuttle pick up I chatted with the clerk and by his statement the Ramada practices "overbooking". This practice may help the hotel but can cause real problems for travelers like myself.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rlskin
Reviewed September 18, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel for a month (yeah, that's right !!!) now, and I still don't feel strongly one way or the other about it. For the price you pay in this area, you get a clean good sized room with all the necessary ameneties. Parking was never an issue, neither was noise. The only issue I have had so far is regarding food - both inside and outside the hotel. The free breakfast is minimal at best with waffles, cereal, toast, fruit juice and coffee. No eggs or sausages to take it to the next level. There are quite a few local restaurants located on Grand Ave. which is close, but I have not dared to venture into them without any local guide to steer me away from the sketchy ones. For food, I drove to the mall (Shops at Tanforan) which has good options in the food court and in near proximity. It's definitely not a place where you can step out and walk to a restaurant for dinner - something to be mindful of especially if you are traveling with family. There is a refrigerator and microwave in every room which is handy for long term visitors like me. The hotel does not have any extra ameneties - no laundry, they did not even have aspirin at the front desk even though a note in the room directs you to call them for any essentials. The free internet takes you back a couple of decades, when checking email becomes a 30 minute chore.
Overall, for the price it has all the essentials - parking, breakfast, and internet though not up to the mark.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)