Larkspur Landing South San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Airport Inn(South San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenhealthy start breakfastsan franciscofront desksmall kitchenbagelssuite hotelliving roomfree parkingclose to the airportthe breakfast areabusiness centerhard boiled eggsother hotelsbed was very comfortableminute driveunion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stay at a lot of Larkspur Landings. This hotel had many of the great qualities we've come to expect from Larkspur: helpful staff; clean, working facilities; and fresh-baked oatmeal raisin cookies. The one-bedroom suite worked perfectly for my husband, son, and myself. We'd hoped to get our son on the fold-out couch but, alas, he didn't want to sleep alone -- so I got that honor. It was surprisingly comfortable for a couch-bed, and the bedding supplied was great.

We were surprised to find that the kitchenette didn't have any oven, but it had everything else you need in a kitchen.

We loved the location: out of the city and yet close enough to hop on BART and get there quickly. Larkspur is offering free transportation to Union Square several times a day, which we didn't take advantage of but which seems like a wonderful thing. Trader Joe's is about a 10 minute drive away, which supplied us with dinners.

We enjoyed the hot tub, which was clean and warm.

The only thing really lacking was the breakfast. I'm sure that I've eaten bagels and toast at other Larkspurs, but this hotel offered neither of those. In their stead, I suppose, they provided pre-formed waffles and nasty-looking muffins that looked like they came from Wal Mart. The dining area, too, was lacking. There was one table that sat maybe 4-6 people, and everyone else had to make do with one couch and two easy chairs. I wouldn't want to be there on a crowded morning...it could get pretty competitive!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location worked for us because we had a rental car -- visiting people in the suburbs as well as visiting downtown during our 4 day/3 night stay. Accommodations are modern and comfortable. We were on a month long road trip, so the kitchenette was a welcomed feature.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed in a one-bedroom suite, and it was very spacious and comfortable. My suite had a large bedroom, with a door that closed, and a very comfortable bed, a closet and a flat screen tv; a large bathroom; a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, a two-burner stove top, a small dishwasher, a sink, and several cupboards stocked with various dishes, pots and pans, etc; a living room area with a two-person sofa, a large chair and ottoman, a coffee table, and a flat screen tv; and a dining/conference area, with a table, six comfy rolling chairs, and a white board.

The front desk people were wonderfully helpful and friendly. They arranged for an early check-in for me and gave us lots of helpful information about the area and getting around. We only used the shuttle to/from the airport, but it was on time and the drivers were always very nice.

The breakfast was nothing special, but there was certainly enough of it. They offered waffles, bagels and smear, muffins, sweet rolls and other assorted pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal and milk, coffee, juice, and probably other things I didn't notice. The breakfast area is on the small side, but since my room had a nice big table, I just brought my food back to my room and ate, and that was perfect. They also had a basket of apples and lemon water available in the lobby 24/7. There were freshly baked cookies in the lobby every evening, too, and they were delicious.

My only complaint is that I had noisy dogs next door. I don't really know what the front desk could have done about it, since apparently the people didn't care to shut their dogs up, but it did make me think twice about staying there again. I had an early flight out and was not impressed to be kept up half the night by barking dogs.

Room Tip: You might ask to be kept away from pet rooms, but I don't know if they will do that.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel was decent at first check-in, but slowly it became apparent that they were not quite ready for people to actually stay there. Several calls had to be made to get basics (toothpaste, remote had dead batteries, air-conditioning unit not turned on, bathroom fan didn't work, etc.). Tried to use the laundry facility, but was told they were out of soap so had to drive out and buy detergent from 7-11. A bit disappointing for the price. The support staff seem very overworked.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I was very pleased with the experience we had staying at the Larkspur Landing. The staff was very professional, knowledgeable and very friendly. My wife and I made our first trip to San Francisco in September and we chose the Larkspur Landing because it was a pet friendly hotel. The hotel in everyway met and exceeded our expectations from our suite, continental breakfast and the shuttle rides to and from the Bart station. My wife is still talking about how comfortable the bed was and how she looked forward after sightseeing all day to get into bed after a long day. We will definately in the near future be staying at the Larkspur Landing South San Francisco on our next vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple