Larkspur Landing South San Francisco
$129
$115
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenhealthy start breakfastsan franciscofront desksmall kitchenbagelssuite hotelliving roomfree parkingclose to the airportthe breakfast areabusiness centerhard boiled eggsother hotelsbed was very comfortableminute driveunion square
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed in a one-bedroom suite, and it was very spacious and comfortable. My suite had a large bedroom, with a door that closed, and a very comfortable bed, a closet and a flat screen tv; a large bathroom; a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, a two-burner stove top, a small dishwasher, a sink, and several cupboards stocked with various dishes, pots and pans, etc; a living room area with a two-person sofa, a large chair and ottoman, a coffee table, and a flat screen tv; and a dining/conference area, with a table, six comfy rolling chairs, and a white board.

The front desk people were wonderfully helpful and friendly. They arranged for an early check-in for me and gave us lots of helpful information about the area and getting around. We only used the shuttle to/from the airport, but it was on time and the drivers were always very nice.

The breakfast was nothing special, but there was certainly enough of it. They offered waffles, bagels and smear, muffins, sweet rolls and other assorted pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal and milk, coffee, juice, and probably other things I didn't notice. The breakfast area is on the small side, but since my room had a nice big table, I just brought my food back to my room and ate, and that was perfect. They also had a basket of apples and lemon water available in the lobby 24/7. There were freshly baked cookies in the lobby every evening, too, and they were delicious.

My only complaint is that I had noisy dogs next door. I don't really know what the front desk could have done about it, since apparently the people didn't care to shut their dogs up, but it did make me think twice about staying there again. I had an early flight out and was not impressed to be kept up half the night by barking dogs.

Room Tip: You might ask to be kept away from pet rooms, but I don't know if they will do that.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel was decent at first check-in, but slowly it became apparent that they were not quite ready for people to actually stay there. Several calls had to be made to get basics (toothpaste, remote had dead batteries, air-conditioning unit not turned on, bathroom fan didn't work, etc.). Tried to use the laundry facility, but was told they were out of soap so had to drive out and buy detergent from 7-11. A bit disappointing for the price. The support staff seem very overworked.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I was very pleased with the experience we had staying at the Larkspur Landing. The staff was very professional, knowledgeable and very friendly. My wife and I made our first trip to San Francisco in September and we chose the Larkspur Landing because it was a pet friendly hotel. The hotel in everyway met and exceeded our expectations from our suite, continental breakfast and the shuttle rides to and from the Bart station. My wife is still talking about how comfortable the bed was and how she looked forward after sightseeing all day to get into bed after a long day. We will definately in the near future be staying at the Larkspur Landing South San Francisco on our next vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Clean, quiet, close to airport, friendly and helpful staff as noted previously. Breakfast situation is greatly improved. More space has been provided for dining. The assortment of available items has increased. Breakfast staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and couldn't fault the rooms at all. Breakfast is a bit chaotic mind you as there isn't enough seating room which is a bit silly given the hotel size, plus the staff that service the food area are not on top of the breakfast bar so people seem to hoard food when it eventually arrives and take it to there rooms. Had it not been for the breakfast issue I would have rated them as excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple