“We throughly enjoyed our stay at this Residence Inn”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and very comfortable! The bed was so nice and they provided us with several extra pillows without having to request them. We had a great view of the bay. Each morning, the free breakfast was delicious! Even the morning we had to leave for the airport breakfast wasn't supposed to be served until later but they still had things out for us so we didn't leave hungry. The shuttle service was great. It was a short trip to/from the airport and when we wanted to tour the city we just took the free shuttle to the airport and hopped on the BART and rode it into the city. Also I loved that the hotel provides a free shuttle to Pier 39 on the weekends. Perfect!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Lizsaves
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront

Reviewed November 4, 2010

Here I am once again at a Residence Inn, my most preferred mode of lodging when staying at a Marriott. This was my first time staying at the Oyster Point/SFO Airport location.

I arrived on a late flight, grabbed my rental car and proceeded to locate the hotel at night. This turned out to be a little difficult. First, the hotel address does not appear on Mapquest or Google Maps. However, I knew to take the Oyster Point exit on 101 North so once I got off the exit the hotel was not hard to find.

The initial problem I had was accessing the hotel. The Residence Inn actually sits behind the Courtyard Marriott. To get into the Hotel you need to go down a narrow driveway that goes past the Courtyard entrance. Driving into the lot at 11pm at night was fun. The path is narrow and if you get to the hotel late there is absolutely no parking. The Residence Inn lot was completely full and I had to park in the Courtyard Marriott lot and walk a bit of a distance to the hotel. The clerk at the Residence Inn claimed there was additional parking in the back -- but there wasn't, particularly for the fact construction was going on.

The rooms are what you would expect at a Residence Inn. They were large with full kitchen, microwave, desk and separate living room and bedroom.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had a great night's sleep.

Though my room was facing the train tracks (and trains go by frequently), it never seemed to bother me. I slept soundly through the night.

Breakfast in the morning was okay. The morning I was there they had sausage and egg on a biscuit as the hot item. However, the sandwich was a bit on the cold side as it was not properly heated. There were other choices that included waffles, cereals, yogurts and scrambled eggs. Later in the day the hotel served complimentary hamburgers and hot dogs which was very nice.

Thankfully, free parking and complimentary internet.

Be aware there doesn't seem to be any supermarkets nearby other than a Costco. For that reason I got gouged on food purchase at the hotel. I picked up a Gatoraid and bag of potato chips from their market stand and was charged $6.50. It's absolutely insane that the hotel would charge you $6.50 for a beverage and small bag of chips. Shame on Marriott!

Other than that I thought it was a good stay and I would not hesitate to return on my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank RonboNJ
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This Residence Inn is like any other. Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, acceptable breakfast etc. Being a few miles from SFO airport, has a shuttle on the hour. Never heard the freight train during our stay here, so noise is no issue. Hotel was near full. It is right next door to the Courtyard Marriott. Transport to downtown by BART - they drop you and pick you up at the station, 8$ one way. Close to the San Bruno Tanforan shopping mall, but requires you to take a BART (6$ if I remember right). Lovely waterfront view. I will recommend staying here esp if you are in transit, or if you do not mind the 20 minute BART commute to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Our flight got into SFO airport very late, so we decided to stay one night near the airport before heading downtown the next day. Upon arrival, the hotel shuttle showed up within 10 minutes. The Residence Inn is the last stop (out of 4 hotels), so we were on the shuttle for a while, but it was very convenient. The hotel is very old, but the one-bedroom suite we stayed in was very clean. Unfortunately, our room on the second floor was right next to the railroad and we heard the train pass by a few times during the night. Besides that, we enjoyed the free breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to Fisherman's Wharf every 2 hours.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delaware83
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We "pricelined" this property. I was pleased it was a Residence Inn and not disappointed when we arrived. My wife and I arrived at noon on a Tuesday after flying from South Carolina. Quickly checked in and checked out the property (the bay, walkway, breakfast area). Very nice. This is our second visit to SF, so we decided to drove rental car 3.5 miles over to BART (our first time riding it) to go into downtown SF. Good thing we took BART, our friends rental van was broken into downtown SF parking garage. After a full morning of flying and a full afternoon and evening of sightseeing it was very relaxing to come "home" to RI. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very satisfying the next morning.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights for our family vacation. I was not excpecting it to be as nice as it was. They have a great hot free breakfast and a managers reception in the evenings M-W with food as well. If you are looking to save money on eating out, this is the place. The foldable couch bed was great with 2 young children. Would stay at again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We spent 10 nights in Calfornia traveling around and spent all but 2 nights at various Marriotts. We stayed here our first night. The front desk associate was very helpful with directions. The hotel was clean but had a funny smell. Our room was also clean but there was a distinct smell. We just stayed one night so it was not a big deal. They put us in a King room, but the bed seemed more like a Queen. Breakfeast in the morning was really good. It was busy but the food was good. Overall a good stay, but I would not stay more than 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!