“Great Hotel for 8 night stay!”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were at this property for 8 nights over spring break and really happy with it! The breakfast (free!!!) options were probably the best i have ever seen for a complimentary buffet. The staff was super nice and you could not beat the free shuttle to the Cal Tran Nicholas was especially nice and helpful upon check in, but IMO all of the staff we encountered were eager to help and make sure our needs were met, including providing interesting tidbits about the area. They will basically give you a ride anywhere w/in 2 miles of the hotel at any time. Nice! Then there is a shuttle that goes back and for to the airport (where you can catch the BART, but we found Cal Tran much less expensive for the 4 of us) and that runs every 20 mins or so. PLUS, they have a shuttle that goes to the Pier 39 every 2 hrs on Friday and Saturday. It's not in the heart of the city, but they sure do make it easy to get to the city! We liked being off the beaten path, as our friends were also there and complained about paying $45 a night for just parking closer to the city and they felt that they were not in a terribly safe area. We were pretty smug about our free parking and the nice walking/biking trail around Oyster Point! Also, the free food on M/TU./Weds was a huge plus. We came in around 7pm 2 of those nights and ot was really nice to get some cheese and crackers and a nice salad to snack on. The room was not super huge or super updated, but it was clean and met our needs and I think smaller rooms are typical of the San Fran area. We were basically just there to sleep and unwind for a couple hrs before bed anyway! Also, there was a very nice pool and hot tub and they had a basketball court and would lend out balls if you asked, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank April1004
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Oyster Point Residence Inn. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The reviews have been negative for this hotel, but for us, the opposite was true. We stayed in Room 233. The room and hotel were very clean and modern. The staff was friendly, informative, and helpful. The FREE buffet on M,T, W was delicious---1.vegetarian burritos/salad,2. meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and salad, and 3. BBQ chicken, hamburgers, and salad.....AWESOME...did I mention...free. The kitchen staff kept the food coming, cleaning up continuously. The hotel is next to a bay walkway, which is a nice break from the buzz of the city. You feel the difference as soon as you get off the Oyster Point exit. The beds were okay, not great, and the air conditioning kept it cool for sleeping. Our hotel room was quiet. Breakfast is served daily and has every possible thing you could want.....sausage, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, juice...... The only downside is the lack of restaurants around the area, but eat in San Francisco.....the city known for foodies.....then come and destress here. There was a refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher in the room, along with an extra bed/couch combo in the sitting area. Parking is free and the drive to the most northwestern part of SF is about 12 miles. If you are going somewhere in the central or southern area, expect a closer commute. LOVED THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmichelle07
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Oyster Point Residence Inn by Marriott. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will share your nice comments with my associates on our cleanliness and friendly staff. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily and our evening meal. We are excited to announce that we will be getting all new matteresses in May. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, come back again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived from UK and decided to drive here for the night. 5 of us so we took room 136 - a two bedroom unit with sitting/dining area with a full kitchen.it was perfectly adequate for our purposes. Very friendly welcome and staff all extremely helpful. Room is a bit old hat and some aspect are a bit worn out, and the beds are on the small side (queen). some people have commented on the railroad at the front, but we didnt find it bothersome at all, as there is good double glazing. It was good value at about $275 which included the breakfast, which we all loved - hot sausage patties, potatoes and scrambled eggs, make your own waffles (kids loved that), fresh fruit, delicious muffins, and so on - a great bonus when there are 5 of you. We didn't use the pool, but a couple of brave kids were in it. Free parking and free wifi too. So overall, a good overnighter and I would use it again when they upgrade it a bit!

Room Tip: Room 136 is a good 2 bedroom unit for up to 6 people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your short stay with us at Oyster Point Residence Inn. I am happy to hear that you received a friendly welcome and that the staff was helpful. We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and had a comfortable night's stay with us. Please do come and visit us again if your travels bring you to San Francisco.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We didn't spend much time in the room at all. However, the rooms were very average for a Residence. Staff didn't seem to care about the customers and the room carpet was stained and dirty. Also, don't expect the typical Residence sized rooms. They are small and cramped compared to all of the other RIs I have stayed at. I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us at the Oyster Point Residence Inn. I am sorry to hear that your room felt small and cramped. We do have several room types in the hotel with our Studio suites at 394 square feet which is 50% larger than your standard hotel room. We also have One-Bedroom suites with 445 square feet and Two-Bedroom suites with 671 square feet of living space for you to relax and unwind after your day. I feel bad that the room carpet was not up to our cleanliness standards and that the staff didn't seem to care about the customers. I will take your comments and talk with my team about the importance of clean carpets and friendly service. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your stay as they will be used so we can continually improve our product and service.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I agree with Hippo 5 on alot of accounts Location mixed view and scenery is the best around and very safe area, but two miles in side road is a pain. dinner 3 nights a week was surprised at how edible it really was. breakfast is ok/ pretty good. Staff members - day time shift I deal with very little and are ok. Evening shift I see extensively, very knowledgeable, friendly and cooperative. It isn't a requirement for someone to have knowledge or recommendations of things to do or save you time by doing so but I have found two of the desk help that work nights have save me incredible amounts of time by guiding me in the right direction by my asking for opinions, and I have found them to be extremely accurate. I am staying here long term on buisness and they take care of my needs. They may be a bit expensive BUT this is San Francisco and everything cost way too much already.

Room Tip: If it matters get a higher level facing the water - GREAT view and away from trains. I always get fi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Moe7472
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your long term stay with us at Oyster Point Residence Inn. I am pleased to hear that the evening Front Desk associates are knowledgeable, friendly, cooperative and have helped you save time. It is goal to make sure that every guest has a positive experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our food offerings and that scenary was fantastic. We do hope that you continue to enjoy Residence Inn in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

First of all, I really don't understand these ultra negative/mediocre reviews. The hotel is the best in the area! It is clearly owned by the same people that own the neighboring Courtyard and they are in a safe location. My recommendation: ask for a room away from the highway/CalTrain tracks, but it will come at a premium price.I stayed on three free night certificates from recent promotions while visiting downtown San Francisco. I could not hear the traffic, but I could hear the train loud and clear. This did wake me a few times, but did not really bother me. It has apparently bothered many picky TripAdvisors below. But hey... It was free! I was happy! I found that the rack rate was least $239+, which I would definitely NOT pay otherwise. The airport shuttle runs frequently (at least 3 times per hour). It is operated by Gateway Limousine. To travel from the airport expect 30-45 minutes travel time as it stops at 4 other hotels on the way. The ride to the airport takes less than 10 minutes as it is the very next stop. You can ride to the airport for BART. The hotel also runs its own shuttle to local destinations from 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM by request, which you can use to ride to the CalTrain. If you arrive by Caltrain after 9:00 PM they can call a taxi which will cost $8 to return to the hotel. If you are trying to reach the city, I would recommend riding BART in the morning to the city and CalTrain at night to return, Be mindful of the times; the front desk can provide all the information. But most of all, know that the staff is amazing here. They know a lot about the local area and are willing to help in any way. This is a very clean property; inside and out. The room was sparking upon arrival. I even saw the engineering department scrubbing the baseboards in the hallway with smiles on their face! This hotel know that the details matter. The free internet was very fast and the hotel had a Dell 2330DN Printer available for printing from guest laptops. I know that the chain does not require it, but I would recommend corkscrews and bottle openers in each room... the front desk does have an electric wine opener which was a little surprising. The housekeeping staff were very friendly. The engineering crew was scrubbing hard on the hallway baseboards, but even they had a smile on their faces. The pool and hot tub are heated and were open and enjoyable in February. The breakfast was plentiful as the Residence Inn standards dictate. I did not attend the evening receptions, but they were held Monday through Wednesday. I would love to stay at this hotel again, but would not pay the rack rate because I could stay in downtown SF for much less. If you are looking for a quick night's stay before a flight, there are plenty of lower cost alternatives in the area (and if that is what you are looking for, the Residence Inn brand is clearly not for you)! Still giving this property 5 TripAdvisor dots. They work hard for each guest's satisfaction and it really shows. I would stay again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Odd Room Numbers are away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hippo5
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review during your stay with us at Oyster Point Residence Inn. I do appreciate all the nice comments about my team and that we were able to meet all your needs. Excellent customer service and cleanliness are extremely important to us and I am glad to hear that you felt it while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a great place to stay in the olden times - maybe 2 or 3 years ago. You could spend the night here, get a good rest and catch an early flight from SFO, AND you could park in their lot until you returned from your trip. As Merle Haggard once said "Are the Good Times Really Over?" This hotel has not aged well. Rooms are shabby with furniture that has visible damage and fixtures that are less than inspirational. The price has gone up dramatically, AND you are no longer allowed to park until you return from your trip. The way it was explained to me was that the Marriott further south that charges some ridiculous amount to park & fly made a deal with them to discontinue this benefit, so that they may prosper even more on the general public.

In the past we really enjoyed this place and the off the beaten airport path that it occupies. I doubt that we will return, at least not until I hear that they have renovated and decided not to continue with the ridiculous parking policy...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VikingFarmer

Thank you for your comments during your stay with us at the Oyster Point Residence Inn. I am sorry to hear that our parking policy does not meet your needs. Due to high demand at the hotel we have to allow all of our in-house guests access to complimentary parking during their stay. I feel bad that the room quality was not up to your standard. I am happy to announce that we will be renovating all of our guest rooms later this year. A quality product is important to us so please come back to see us once we have completed our renovation. Thank you again, I appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our customer satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!