“Details and Front Desk”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Denver, Colorado
“Details and Front Desk”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good location near the airport. Unfortunately the front desk staff doesn't understand the meaning of service. Trash was still in the room when we arrived and there was no shampoo, only conditioner. Little things that I called out to the front desks attention, which was met with indifference, and no apology. There are 10 other hotels within 1/2 mile of this one, I'd suggest trying one of those... WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tony G
Mark J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time let us know about your recent stay with us at the Oyster Point Residence Inn. I am sorry to hear that the front desk service was poor and that you had challenges with trash being left in the room. I will share your comments with my Housekeeping and Front Desk team so we can improve. Quality customer service and cleanliness are very important to us and I feel bad that we did not deliver that to you. We will take this opportunity to do some additional customer service training with all our front desk associates on the importance of apologizing to our guests. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we can deliver quality cleanliness and customer service that you expect from Marriott..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room is big and I really liked the fully equipped kitchen where you can make your own food or heat up food you bought from outside. The location is really close to the airport and they have a complimentary airport shuttle. I love staying on Marriott's Residence Inn compared to full-service Marriotts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JustMeAndMyOpinion
Arcadia, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed overnight in a 1BR Suite for a layover. It is not the closest hotel to the airport but the shuttle ride is easy. As an extended stay hotel, they don’t have regular rooms and the 1BR Suite is the second cheapest room type and only $10 more than Studio. But don’t expect the suite to be big since it is under 500 square feet. The living room features a couch, a dining table, a kitchenette with a fridge. The bedroom is very tight. The bed is OK not the most comfortable. The bathroom is clean but very basic. The free breakfast is decent. The hotel is clean and well kept.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sander9t
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Absolutely love this place! Stayed here night before the 49er game and will definately stay everytime I come to the Bay Area! Stayed in 2 bedroom, every window had a Bay View!!! Wish we could have stayed longer. I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had to spend an extended period at this hotel and found some outstanding personnel in housekeeping and front desk.Check in was easy, quick. The location is fairly good, a bit complicated to get to, but not bad.

The primary thing I note about the hotel is that not all of the rooms that are labeled "bay view" {with the extra costs associated} are in fact bay view. Some are a bay view, if you press your head against the window and look sharply to the left or right...and even then you just might see the "bay". So if you are getting a "bay view" room, I would suggest that you do not spend the money.....just walk downstairs and out the back of the property.

Room Tip: "Bay view" does not mean you will get a room that can actually see the bay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TCPDump
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip to San Francisco. I loved being outside of the city and enjoyed several restaurants on Grand Ave. This hotel was right by the airport (SFO) and there is a free shuttle. I had a rental car so I didn't take it to Pier 39. But since I had a very early flight home, I returned my rental car a day early and took the shuttle back to the hotel. The next morning I took the shuttle back to the airport and this worked out great for me. The hotel itself was nice and clean. Wi-fi connection was good and I also used the computer and printer in the lobby. I enjoyed the nightly social hours and weekly BBQ although I did use my kitchen a lot. The breakfast buffet was good and I appreciated that they made "real" oatmeal (not the instant stuff). The front desk staff was wonderful and accomodated all of my needs. I had a one bedroom suite which was awesome! My room was right by the elevator but I never heard any noises from other guests. My room was right above the basketball court and I was disturbed a few times by the noise but the was the only real complaint I had. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here from Sept 14-17. Check in was easy and everyone was friendly. We walked through the door and the shuttle showed up for Fisherman's Wharf. The gentleman behind the counter held our bags so we could catch the shuttle right away and start our vacation. Shuttle drops you right in front of Fisherman's Wharf, smae place for pickup. The shuttle only runs on Friday and Saturday, suggestion to add Sunday too.
Breakfast was nice buffet style with Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffles, Cereal, Muffins, Bagels, Toast, Oatmeal, Fruit, etc. 4 types of Milk too.
Beds were comfortable and rooms were spacious and clean, water pressure for the shower little on the light side, but that is just nit picking. I would stay here again.
If you don't have a vehicle you can take their suttle back to the airport to catch BART downtown. BART fee is $8.25 one way.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel, bayside to avoid train noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank osubarry
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!