“Not the best option in the area”

Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The hotel was clean, though looked a little aged. There was nothing "wrong" with the hotel, but it's not competitive with the area. There are cheaper options on the same street if you're truly budget-conscious. There are nicer options on the same street if you'd like a truly nice experience. The hotel restaurant / bar is disappointing: in hours, and in food / bar quality. You can walk 5 minutes to better restaurant, bar, and hotel options...most of which also have the same complimentary shuttle services.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I was hesitant about this hotel because of some of the other reviews. However, I have nothing but high praise for this little gem of an airport hotel. We were greeted by some of the friendliest staff I've met. Our room was spacious, well appointed, with a compact but well designed bathroom. The beds were comfortable, the TV was fine and the air conditioning worked well. We weren't aware of any noise. The price was certainly right for the quality of the room - I didn't expect the room to be as nice as it was for what we paid. We didn't use the airport shuttle service, but it was easy to sign up for and the distance to the airport is negligible.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for one night, before leaving the US from San Francisco Airport. I chose it because it was close to the airport, and yes, as it name clearly states, it is an AIRPORT hotel, not a DOWNTOWN one!!! So no reason to complaint about location not so close to the city, guys!!
I booked it through bestwestern.com, at the very reasonable price of 80$, including breakfast and taxes. I needed a late check out (6pm) which costed me another 30$. I had booked a standard queen room, they gave me one on the 5th floor, facing the highway. I could hear a little bit of the noise, but it did not prevent me from sleeping. The room was of good size, with a nice desk/writing area. Very clean and well equiped and everything worked. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The free wi-fi is fast and works fine. Only complaint is that there was too much light from early in the morning, as the dark layer of curtains covered only half of the window. The breakfast selection is not impressive, but you can find everything you need to start your day. They use disposable plates, forks, kives etc; to me it looked a little bit "cheap", but they say they do it for environmental purposes. I did not experience any prolem with Check-in / Check -out. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the airport every 20 minutes, and it takes another 10-15 minutes to get there. Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Reservations were easy, transport from the airport is by van shared by all hotels in that area and this is last stop when you arrive but no other stops when you go back to the airport (when you want to get there is a hurry!)
Front desk people are quick and competent and management is there to serve their guests to the full capacity. I left my wallet on the bellman's desk while reading the newspaper and didn't realize it until the van brought me to United Airlines! I called the hotel, woman at desk retrieved it, manager arranged for the next van to take it to me while I waited at the terminal drop off, and I made my flight with nothing missing!
If you run into trouble or need help of any kind, ask for the asst mgr David or even the general manager Jim. They stop at nothing to make guests happy!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I found myself without reservations in S.F. at 11pm and was directed to The Grosvenor about 15 miles away. I was thankful for the price, comfort, service , and great breakfast on a hotel I had not been able to research. Two weeks later, I had to be in S.F. again and I chose to return to the Grosvenor. It's not fancy, but a good value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We booked our hotel thru an outside company and because of that was told that everyone was entitled to breakfast but we were not. Secondly our room was right next to the elevator, not so great when you are trying to sleep.Finally we had booked two nights, wish it had been just one, because the staff were abrupt and the room was not clean.
We also stayed at a Best Western in Pismo Beach, it was a pleasure the people were great, informative and pleasent. The views from the room were beautiful, the room was spotless and wished we were there for two nights instead of one.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The rooms are clean, there is a free computer room with printers, and the price is right. (Less than $70) We stayed at the Clarion on an earlier trip and it was awful. We changed our reservations to the Best Western and we happy to learn that it was less expensive and so much better. Near to the airport and they have free transportation to the motel and to the airport.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!