“San Francisco BestWestern”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Round Rock
“San Francisco BestWestern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in San Francisco for leisure and wanted to stay close to the airport with free shuttle service. This hotel offered free shuttle service to the airport until late at night which is helpful My overall stay was pretty good, the bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned promptly each day. However, the bathroom was dated and the internet service would freeze so often that I just became frustrated and gave up on trying to use it. I purchased a 2 day hop on and hop off tour from the company that the hotel suggested (the blue bus, grayline tours). The first day was ok but the second day the company stated they only provided transportation from the hotel on the first day. I explained to them No One told me that and it's clearly stated on their website that transportation is provided for both days. Of course they picked me up after I explained that to them. This was unneeded stress during my vacation and I suggest anyone else choose a different company for tours.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GeneralManager650, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello Devanjee and thanks for your review! I am happy to inform you that we are finishing up our project of our last few rooms for a bathroom renovation. I do apologize about the mix-up with the independent tour company, but I'm happy to read it was solved. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again! Jim McGuire, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hollywood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel for two nights when we were in San Francisco. All the employees were very nice and helpful, the hotel room was clean and the breakfast was very good, many options to choose. I would recommend this hotel to any one.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Hollywood and thank you for your great review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Stockton, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very close to the airport, its location helped us catch our flight. We had a little mix up at check in. They said the person with our room had just checked out an hour before we arrived and that our room was still being cleaned. While you're there, make sure to go to the Beijing buffet, just down the street. You have to wait a bit but they have the great food. There airport shuttle was swift so we got there with time to spare.

Room Tip: Arrive a little later than the check in time.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles U
GeneralManager650, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Charles, thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our airport shuttle was timely! We hope to see you again soon! Jim McGuire, General Manager
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Entered there to be greeted by a friendly and knowledgable staff. Took care of me checking in and getting everything in order for me!
The room was great, had a view of the airport. The room was nice and clean and very spacious.
The bed was comfortable and although the hotel is next to the airport, the room was one of the most quiet rooms I've stayed at. Gave me a great night's sleep.
In the morning the breakfast was great. More than your typical breakfast at other hotels. They had hot food, Bacon, eggs and biscuits and gravy, one of my favorite foods.
Juice, coffee, water and everything you could want in a breakfast. I think that was the best part of the stay, haha
Definitely recommend and would go again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NicholasandRuby
Nicholas and Ruby, thank you for a great review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our delicious breakfast!! It is always nice to read positive feedback from a happy guest! We hope to see you again soon! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Ipswich, Suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very close to the airport with a courtesy shuttle, conveniently located with friendly staff. We had just arrived from the UK so we were exhausted by the time we go to the hotel, and unfortunately our key card didn't work three times in a row which wasn't a great start, but the staff were amiable and tried to sort it out quickly.

The room was a good size, and importantly was pretty quiet so we could sleep at any time of the day/night. Lovely views out over the area, with some beautiful sunsets!

Rooms were clean and well stocked with toiletries, the hotel restaurant was somewhat overpriced and the service wasn't fantastic - on one evening we were served our main course before we had finished our starter - but 'it will do' was our attitude, as we were only staying a couple of days to adjust from the jetlag.

There were problems on some days when very large parties arrived which meant that we were not able to get to the reception desk for some time, and we seemed to have a neverending problem with our keycards which kept breaking, but otherwise we had a good stay and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room up high & facing out over the bay if you can!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RCheesley
Thank you for your review and personal comments! I do apologize about the key cards not working - this is rare. I will also share your comments with our restaurant staff so they can improve their timing. We do hope you will choose our hotel the next time you visit from the UK! Thank you again - Jim McGuire, General Manager
Joshua Tree, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We needed a place close to the airport for a morning flight back home, and I'm glad we did. Quiet, clean, VERY GOOD, HOT BREAKFAST! Breakfast bar had fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, hash, steamed rice, cereals, etc. I think a hot breakfast really adds value to a hotel, especially in pricey San Francisco. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Even though our room was on the freeway side, we were able to keep the air conditioning fan on and d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Suzette! I am very happy to read your review on our hotel and I am pleased you liked our breakfast! It is a big hit with our guests and we appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you again soon! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my first visit to the Grosvenor Airport Hotel. Don't let the name fool you, the hotel is within a 5 minute drive from the San Francisco airport. Upon check in, we found one of our rooms was not properly cleaned. There were McDonald napkins and straws laying on the desk; used tissue on the bathroom counter; an apple on the bed side stand; etc. Upon advising the front desk staff of the error, we were moved to a suite. Victor, at the front desk, was amazing and very helpful. The breakfast was superior to most hotels and included both a full hot as well as a cold continental breakfast. There was something for everyone. Although the initial impression with the hotel was a bit sketchy due to the room issue, the overall stay was great and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank NonnahsS
Hi Atlanta and thank you for your review! I am sorry about the first room you went into! That is not our ususal level of service. I am happy to read that we corrected the situation quickly. I am also glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!