“Very nice stay”

Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I wanted a hotel close to the airport so I could pick up my son and return him quickly. This hotel is close and easy to the airport. The staff was friendly and the rooms very and spacious and clean as well. I had a harder bed than I like and not sure if the rest are the same but it was a nice room. Breakfast was very nice with fresh cut fruits, yogurts, eggs, meat and potatoes. On the other side of the room was lots of pasties cold cereal and bread, bagels and the like for toasting. I found the breakfast refreshing for a change. I would give them a four star because the bed was too hard for me, but overall a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hello Visalia and thank you for your nice review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoy our great breakfast! We get a lot of positive comments on it. Sorry about the hard bed - just about all of our beds in the hotel are brand new, sorry it didn't agree with you. We look forward to your next visit - thank you again for the nice review! Jim McGuire, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,086)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really nice hotel close to the airport. They have shuttle bus to the airport frequently, from there you can take bart to downtown. Nice and clean room, comfy bed. Breakfast was nice with reasonable price. Good choice if you want to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Indonesia and thank you so much for your great review - we appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon. Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Paid for room in full. ATM took Visa card in foreign country. Flew over 30 hours to arrive late at night at the Grosvenor for a shower and rest. Upon registrying, my son and I were told we could not have a key to our fully paid room because we did not have a Visa card for $50 of incidentals. I layed all the money i had to my name on the counter, $24.00, John and his supervisor Victor flately refused to check us in. If it were not for a stranger in line behind us, who offered to put our incidentals on her credit card, we would not have been able to check in. While there are rules, a hotel must have the ability to make exceptions where there are extreme circumstances.
We are world travelers who used to use this hotel to 'park and stay'. I explained to the sales manager the next day that i am a Best Western member and a Trip Adivisor, he did nothing to correct the previous nights occurances. Never again will be stay here. Thank you to the woman who came to our aid. Watch out, something like this may happen to you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mychaddy
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night after arriving late into SFO. It is a very convenient and reasonably priced property. Everything was very clean, and they had a great breakfast that was included. It is very child friendly as well.

The late night shuttle from the airport could be improved upon. It seems like we had to wait forever for it to show up, when other hotel shuttles were showing up several times, but that's the only negative thing for this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello Florida and thank you for your great review! I am happy to read you and your children enjoyed our hotel and breakfast! Our complimentary shuttle runs every 30 minutes, starting at 4:04AM - 12:34AM. I apologize if there was a bit of a delay! I will pass this on to the operator of the shuttle company. We hope to see you again on your next visit! Jim McGuire, G.M.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We used the park & fly program. Generous parking spaces and good lighting for our car.
Took advice from TripAdvisor folks and booked a 9th floor suite. It was quiet, very large and very clean. The bed was wonderful with great mattress and crisp linens. Coffee maker in the room was a plus. Included buffet breakfast offered a variety and satisfied. The shuttle is shared with two other hotels but both times is was prompt and friendly. We will definitely make this our "go-to" park & fly hotel.

Room Tip: We booked direct and received a very good rate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Palm Desert - thank you so much for your nice review! I am happy that other positive reviews helped you select our hotel and accommodations! I am happy that you enjoyed our amenities as well. We look forward to seeing you again! Happy 4th of July! Jim McGuire, General Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times over the last year and I've got to say it is by far the BEST Best Western I've ever stayed in. I've booked coworkers there as well and although I get a lot of flack from them when they find out I'm putting them at a Best Western they are always very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The restaurant has good food at reasonable prices for dinner and the breakfast is better than the average one included with a hotel stay. I wish there were more in the chain like this one! Also rates are very reasonable as long as you book in advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank diana9559
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello Diana and thank you SO MUCH for your great review and also for referring your co-workers to us! I am so glad that once they stay with us, they become fans just like you! We are proud to read your comments on our facility and it encourages us to strive to always do our best. Thanks so much and we look forward to your next visit! Jim McGuire, Geneal Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to this hotel 5 times for vacations/personal travel over the last 10 years. Every time I was here the Grosvenor seemed to step up its game. This last time in June 2013, they totally exceeded my expectations. New bedding, revamped rooms, delicious breakfast, a great lounge in a family safe location. What more could a family want for a starting point while vacationing in the Bay Area? Day trips from Napa/wine country to Santa Cruz were all easy from this central location. It’s easy to see why they earned their “ PLUS” designation. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric Z
GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Hello Eric Z and thank you for your great review! It is always encouraging to receive feedback from repeat guests when they notice our improvements! Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to your next visit! Have a great summer. Jim McGuire, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!