“Fine Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fine Stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My stay at the Grosvenor was fine; the airport shuttle was especially helpful and I appreciated the availability of wifi. I am likely to stay here again on a future visit to San Francisco and can recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GeneralManager650, General Manager at Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your nice review, and we look forward to your next stay! Jim McGuire, G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
OC, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

You cant beat BW for good value hotels and this is no exception. Not fancy and probably orignally a 1960's building in more of the industrial north side of the airport but - hey! For $120/night inlcuding breakfast you get a clean, safe well maintained room. Who cares if the furniture is a little low-rent and the overall decor is as well. Spend the money you save on a good meal!

I've stayed here once before and this experience was no different. It is a short (shared) 10 minute shuttle bus ride from SFO. Don't know the frequency but I only had to wait about 10 minutes.

Frankly I think the lounge area off the lobby where they serve breakfast is downright cozy and is the kind of place you can come down and read a book if your room gets a little lonely.

The breakfast itself is OK. Typical american budget buffet with eggs, toast, sausage, hash browns, pastrys, cerial, juice and coffee. Nothing special but I'm pretty tired of $30 buffet breakfasts in Asia so something you can grab and go that is included in the rate is just fine with me.

The only quirky thing I noticed was the electrical outlet in the bathroom that was cut into the middle of the mirror. Clearly a design goof or a contractor quick-fix during the last renovation. Not that it really matters, but odd none the less.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Kilo Tango and thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, especially the restaurant and lounge! We hope to see you again on your next stay!
Jim McGuire, General Manager
Montreal
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night while waiting for my back to home flight. As I walked into the lobby I noticed that the hotel looks a little dated. The checkin process was fast and efficient. I was upgraded to a suite, however it was almost midnight so it did not mean a lot because I would be leaving around 7 am the following day. My two-bedroom suite was spacious, but again, it looked dated. The carpet, the TV, the light switches, etc. have already given a lot of service. It would be good to replace them sooner rather than later. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The only complain I have is the AC unit (or heater). Very, very, noisy. I had the impression that I was in the middle of a hurricane with all that noise. I even checked the windows twice to make sure they were properly shut, because I thought the noise was from outside but it turned out to be the air conditioning. I was so tired that I finally fall asleep. If not I would have asked to be changed to another room.

The next day I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. It was good. A variety of fruit, juice, eggs (both boiled and scrambled), biscuits, etc. are available.

The hotel offers shuttle service to/from the airport. The shuttle arrived on time as indicated in the time table. A few minutes later we arrived to T3 where I got off to catch my flight.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioning unit. If it is too noisy, you better ask for another room. Also rooms not...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Narnian
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from Oregon. Our plan was to spend a few hours touring San Francisco before heading back home. We loaded up the car Saturday morning to leave when my husband discovered we had a flat tire. We then discovered the tire had been slashed as well as the tire of another car in the lot. When we arrived Friday night (October 26 ), I asked the gentleman at the front desk if our car would be safe in the parking lot. His response was yes, obviously that was not the case. As for the hotel the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The service in the restaurant was good but the food could be improved upon. I have given this hotel a poor rating because to this date we have not heard a word from management about their lack of security in the parking lot. I think I think given the lack of leadership from management in this hotel they are lucky to have staff that can provide good customer service. We however won't be back as the nice officer who took the police report was kind enough to let us know how lucky we were that the windows didn't get smashed on our car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsParky23
Hello and thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had a bad experience in our parking lot. This incident has never happened here, and I do apologize. We did contact you regarding this incident and we apologize for the inconvenience. Jim McGuire, GM
Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Less than 10 minutes by shuttle to and from airport. You can take shuttle to airport to use metro, BUT, you will pay excessively for the metro due to airport fees. If you rent a car, get it from the Payless outside airport so you don't have to pay airport usage fees. The staff at the hotel are efficient and helpful. The breakfast was pretty terrible and I have low expectations. Plates and tables were not clean at all, pastries stale, coffee terrible. Bed was comfortable. Hotel quiet and location seemed safe. Easy drive into surrounding areas with rental car that Payless delivered to the hotel.

Room Tip: I paid $10 for extra service on top floor. Only received one day, so probably not worth the addition...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Napa, CA
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Room was comfortable, good bed, adequate bathroom. Need additional front desk staff -- had to wait in line to check in... and this was after 11 p.m. Nothing special, but clean and served the purpose. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#11 of 28 in South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!