“A great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Utah
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Helpful staff and nice location!
Comfortable and clean room- would recommend highly!
Complimentary airport shuttle with punctual runs- from airport you can get on BART and go anywhere...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ashone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Over the last couple of years, I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had good experiences. I travel a lot, for both business and pleasure, and cleanliness is my first priority. The rooms here are cleaner than any I've ever found and the beds are very comfortable. The staff--from the front desk to houskeeping to the lounge--are helpful and friendly. And it's hard to beat the price. (We used to stay in the city, but it became much too expensive.)

Plus, it's the perfect place for 49er fans. It's just a few miles from Candlestick Park and the hotel offers clean, comfortable buses that take fans from the hotel to the stadium and back (for a reasonable fee). My last stay was in December. We had 8 people (several world-travelers) in 4 rooms and everybody was happy with their stay. In fact, we'll be back at the Grosvenor for the playoffs!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dayton, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was sentenced here when my flight got cancelled and the airline put me up (because they only had to pay $50!) You know you are in trouble when you see that out of 2 elevators, one isn't working, and the other has the bell going off, as people were stuck in it. One of the desk clerks offered up this solution to me: just leave your luggage down here and you can walk up! Geesh. The other escorted me around the back so I could take their freight lift. Ok, besides that -- funky smell eminating from my room -- eeeuw. Lighting poor. Their "business center" consists of 1 pc and printer on a ledge in the middle of a hallway. Here's the 1 bright point: their shuttle service (they outsource to a van pool) is great -- and on time with tons of trips going to and from SFO. That's it -- period. So, if you are looking for way cheap, and don't care about anything else, this is your place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelPrincess69
GeneralManager650, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Unfortunately, elevators go out of service, and sometimes both at the same time - Murphy's Law. I do apologize about this inconvenience. I was glad to read that our staff brought you up to your room on our service elevator. I am sorry that you overlooked our Business Center. It is located directly behind the Lobby computer you were using. Our Business Center is equipped with 2 computers, printers, Internet access and office products, all complimentary to our guests. It sounds like you were a distressed passenger from the airlines, which can be quite frustrating. I do hope the rest of your trip home was enjoyable. Thank you for your review. Jim McGuire, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel one night to watch a 49'ers game. They have a free shuttle service to take you from/to the airport. They also offered a bus to take us to the football game but we arrived too late and all the seats were full.

There was three of us staying in a room and they brought a cot right away. When we arrived the entrance was packed with football fans but they did a good job checking people in.

My only knock was that I requested a wake-up call and they never called. When we checked out I brought it up and the person told me that he never received the request. I thought that was somewhat unprofessional. Anyways no harm done as we set the alarm on our phones and made our flight.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review! I am happy that our hotel worked out well for you. Our 49ers Package is a big hit - sorry you missed the bus and about the wake up call! We hope to see you for the divisional playoff game! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Great stopover hotel. Shutlle from/to the airport runs about every 15 minutes. Check-in was quick and friendly. Room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Nice flat screen TV, small, clean bathroom. Large Queen bed, desk and a couple of comfortable chairs. Work desk, with free wifi. There is a small mini bar, prices are slightly high. Lobby is comfortable, there is a buisness center, with two computers and printers and one for just printing out boarding passes. Complimentary breakfast included, hot and cold food items, enough to get one started for the day. The only draw back is the heater/air conditioner, fan is very loud as it is a wall mounted unit, a lite sleeper would proably want to wear ear plugs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
No earplugs necessary! Our heating/air conditioning units are new, so we'll look into why it was loud - sorry about that! Thanks for your great review on our hotel - we appreciate it! Hope to see you on your next visit from Canada! Jim McGuire, General Manager
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

We were charged 250.00 for cleaning the room because the opinion of the housekeeping manager was wrong. I have tried everything to get this matter resolved and now they will not even respond to my requests. You don't have a choice if you get charged. They think they have the power to do whatever they want and you are not a human being. I will never in my life stay at this hotel and this experience has kept me from staying at any best western hotel because of this management staff. I stay in hotels apx. 100 nights a year and will never stay at best western again because of Jim McGuire (manager) and Gino (Housekeeping Manager). I am in process of small claims court and can not get any cooperation from either person. It amazes me they can put any charge they want on your credit card and there is nothing you can do about it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exactly the same except one side of hotel you see the freeway the other side you s...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank t y
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Hotel has a strict non-smoking policy. We thoroughly investigate all complaints. When evidence and proof of smoking is found in the guest room, along with complaints from neighboring guests from the smell of smoke, a fee will be charged. This fee is agreed upon by the guest during the check-in process. Any and all evidence is shared with the guest, as it was in this case, back in September 2011. Jim McGuire, General Manager
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

In the last couple years, I have stayed at the Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel five times. Obviously, if I didn't like the stays, I would not return. The staff has also been friendly, helpful, and professional. The rooms I stayed in were clean and quiet. All the equipment in the fitness center worked. And the breakfast was always fulfilling. I enjoy the complimentary USA Today newspaper that is available near the front desk to the guests. While the $5.00 charge for parking seems unnecessary, I will not quibble since the positives of this hotel outway this minor annoyance. Looking forward to my return visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco
Quality Inn & Suites -- South Sa...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Holiday Inn Express San Francisc...
#12 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!