We chose to stay near the airport when visiting S.F., because it was much less expensive than the hotels in the city. We arrived late, after their free shuttle was done for the night, and they reimbursed us for our cab ride to the hotel (Get a receipt from the cabbie!). That was cool! Our room was very nicely decorated and a decent size for our family. The breakfast served every morning until 10am was decent and had a good variety, hot and cold. The seating was tight though. The hostess was very accomodating. There was an indoor pool and exercise area, which we did not use. Our only complaint is the shuttle. We decided to take the BART to downtown and needed to take the shuttle to the airport in order to catch it. They share the shuttle with several other hotels and when it got to our hotel, there were about 15 people waiting for it and only 4 seats available. We were lucky to get them, because we had no luggage, since there was no more room for luggage either. It created quite a commotion and there apparently is no "backup" plan to run another bus when they are full, even though Hampton Inn had there own bus in the parking lot. The bus was supposed to make one more stop after the Hampton Inn, but just skipped it because we were full. It runs every 20 minutes during peak times and every 40 minutes at other times until midnight. When we returned to the airport from downtown via BART to catch the shuttle at the airport, it took about 40 minutes for it to come. In all, it is a quality hotel. I think if most ideal for those with a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 1.5 miles from the San Francisco International Airport, our hotels offers an ideal location for both business and leisure travelers. Situated in the center of the biotech industry and minutes away from downtown San Francisco, our guests enjoy the best of the bay area. We offer free shuttle to/from the San Francisco International Airport, as well as a free shuttle to Union Square (shopping center in downtown San Francisco), Fri-Sat. We also offer multiple types of rooms including suites and meeting rooms. Free WiFi, free daily hot breakfast, free parking, fitness center, Manager's Reception (M-W). Also, each room has a 37in LCD flat screen TV with numerous HD channels. We Love Having you Here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco
- Hampton Inn South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hampton Inn