“A Wonderful Hotel”

Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My father and I spent a Sunday night at the Hampton Inn in San Francisco after attending the 49'er game earlier in the day. We were both very impressed with this hotel. The service was amazing from the cheerful and acomodating welcome upon check-in, complete with freshly baked cookies. The room was ready early and was very clean and tidy. The parking at the hotel was very good and the amenities at the hotel were plenty. In the morning we both enjoyed a workout in their small but very clean workout room. Nice equipment as well a nice room to work out in with a view of the indoor pool as well. The continental breakfast was well stocked and a employee kept everything clean and tiday at all times. Upon finishing we were handed a complimentary box of mints. The local paper was delivered to our room as well which was a very nice touch. I even had time to use there very convenient business center to check a few e-mails. I would highly recommend this hotel and their great staff. Also, just a couple doors down is a great continental restaurant named Val's that has been around forever. Great food and drinks at Val's.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MGIrish

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was our 4th year staying at a Hampton Inn in San Francisco, CA. We love the complimentary breakfast every morning and all the other amenities this hotel provides. Staff is friendly and location is great: not too busy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The reason to make a reservation in this hotel was the attractive rate they were offering for a two-night weekend stay. I arrived several times at SFO and on those previous visits had very good stays in both the Hampton in Burlingame and the Hilton Garden in South San Francisco. However after my stay I didn’t regret choosing this Hampton Inn as well. (So, there are very nice options whenever someone would like to stay in a hotel from the Hilton family near SFO.)

Upon arrival my sister and me didn’t have to wait long for the shuttle bus, but that was poor luck. The shuttle comes every 30 minutes. A friendly driver brought us to this hotel, the first stop for the 3 hotels that uses this bus. Check-in went smooth and we were soon on our way to a two doubles room on the highest floor.

The room was excellent, good quality furniture, good mattresses, a working desk with chair and a nice sitting area with two easy chairs and a table. There was a unit with coffee/tea facilities, a fridge and a microwave. The carpet seemed new and overall it had the look of a room from a Hilton Garden Inn. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of soft towels. The room was quiet and the curtains were able to darken the room adequate. We suffered somewhat from jetlag and were very tired after long flights from Europe but could sleep very well.

The breakfast was good, had the usual Hampton things, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, cereals, bagels and rolls, juices, two hot items and so on.

There is a business center with two computers and printers for free Internet.

In the morning the shuttle bus brought us to the BART station on the airport and within half hour we were in the city center. When we returned the shuttle picked us up again. It was a very convenient way to visit San Francisco.

The morning of the second day the shuttle brought us to the airport, unfortunately they won’t bring you to the car rental, but that is the only slightly minor point I can think of. So, we had to taken our entire luggage a long way to the AirTrain, who brought us to the car rental.

In all we had a pleasant stay in this Hampton Inn with very nice rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank BA-traveler
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I traveled to this hotel for a business training trip and read all the reviews before I left.

I called at 2pm on the day of arrival to make sure that the King room would be held for a late arrival and I was assured that they would guarantee my room. So I arrive at 1PM to no parking spots and a handicapped room which is all they had left. This means no bathtub and since my wife and infant travelled with me this means no bath first day for the baby. I guess it would have been alright had I not called at 2pm the day before. They blew it. The bonus - I got to move all my stuff to another room while my training session in their hotel proceeded. Not even an offer to help. I was offerred a $10 discount on the first night. Only the first night. My boss will be happy since it was a business trip.

My recommendation to the hotel. Keep your training attendees happy because they fill out a review on the hotel in the training and this will help the trainer know where to go next time.

The breakfast room is crowded and less than desireable. We wont be returning.

Also - "High speed" internet is 15k at night. Unuseable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Cube13
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I liked the Hampton Inn. It was easy to get back to the airport, of course, and you can always depend on the free breakfast each morning. Beds good, hotel clean. The rooms had no bath tub but were otherwise up to date. My kids like a pool and this one was very clean, if a little small for a hotel pool. There was some teen party from a traveling soccer team going on in the room next door but we didn't hear a thing from inside the room so the soundproofing is very good.
The day before we went into San Fran for a baseball game from the hotel and it was very easy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in Mid-May at the end of a week-long tour of the wine country. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a large, spacious 'dining' area for the continental breakfast (although our flight departed too early for us to have breakfast). The room was large and well designed - and had a sofa. We dropped off our rental car and then took the free hotel shuttle back to the airport. We opted to go next door to the Embassy Suites for dinner (which was not great, but it was convenient). The business center is great and had two free computers and printers for us to use to print our boarding passes. This is a great place to stay if you have a flight in/out of the SFO airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Base on my previous positive experience with this Hampton Inn, I decided to revisit this location. I haven't been to this location in 2 years, was found it is still great to be there.

I checked in a little past 12pm, my room was not ready, but the front desk actually make a call to the housekeeper to clean up my room first, as I was waiting in the lobby. Found out I was given an wheelchair accessible room, which was bigger than others. They no longer offer a snack basket for HHonors gold and diamond member, just bottle of water and oreo cookies, the standard amenities. I asked about the complimentary evening reception (which I knew about from previous stay, and I think this is the only Hampton Inn offer this service). Sadly, I found out it is only for Mon-Wed nights. (I stayed for sunday night only)

Bathroom actually offer the bodywash in addition to the bar soap, which was quite rare in any other Hampton Inns. The only other Hampton Inn that I know has bodywash was in NYC.

Due to my flight departs at 6:20am in the morning, I had to take the 4am shuttle, the earliest it can be. On-the-go breakfest bag was not ready yet, but the agent offer to get one for me before the shuttle arrives. And the shuttle did indeed pull up at 4am. I would still give this Hampton Inn the highest rating of all.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ORDnHKG
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
0 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#11 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Larkspur Landing South San Francisco
Larkspur Landing South San Franc...
#9 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport? Share your experiences!