“Mixed feelings this stay”

La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North
Palm Bay, Florida
“Mixed feelings this stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Generally, we love LaQuinta. This property is not bad but not great either. The checkin staff were friendly and efficient. When we got off the elevator, the hallway reeked of smoke really badly. Fortunately the room did not. The room itself was what we expect of this chain. It was large, clean and the bed comfortable. It had a HDTV and free wifi. The bathroom was another story. Thr grout around the tub was full of mold. Not what we expect from LaQuinta.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackofPBFL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Vancouver
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at various La Quinta properties in the past....not this time.
So many things are wrong here that I don't know where to start...

The main problem was the mold in the tub shower....I could pick it with my thumb nail. After asking 3 times (over 3 days) to have houskeeping do something, they finally sent someone to address it.
Looked real good...until 2 days later. The guy just applied grout over the mold and within a day or two the mold strted to grow through.

Yes, there is a free "breakfast" but it is so very minimal when compared to other La Quntas or Best Westerns. It has become almost an expectation from any hotel to have a hot breakfast included with your stay. Don't expect anything more than a bagel or a waffel here.

The price to stay at this LaQuinta is comparable to other hotels in this area...I recommend that you stay at one of those.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room in the "North" building. It is a DRIVE to the lobby and also behind a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vancouverTraveler59
Nevada, USA
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Cons:
1. Staff was not helpful. Although I booked and payed for 2 non-smoking rooms through Expedia, the receptionist gave us 2 smoking rooms. When I kindly asked him to see if he could change them, he very coldly told me the entire hotel is booked and I should call Expedia if I'm not happy. Which I did - after a few minutes, the Expedia rep contacted the hotel and arranged for 2 non-smoking rooms! Why did the receptionist lie to me in my face saying the hotel is fully booked? This is NOT a way to deal with your customers!
2. No parking space. Most of the parking spots are taken by the "Park and Fly" cars and other (!) cars. In the evening we could not find a parking spot, the receptionist casually advised us "park in a fire lane", or "park at Denny's"!!!
3. The location is noisy and stinks. Outside it smells like garbage from the garbage processing plant that is very close (less then 50 feet!). Inside, we didn't see any mold but we kept on sneezing and having nasal congestion, so I suppose there might have been mold.
4. AC didn't work in the first room (432 or 433, can't remember)
5. Toilet was leaking.
6. Housekeeping will start knocking at your door at 7 am.

My advice is look for another place to stay!

1 Thank rabadac
NY
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The first room when we opened the door had an overpowering smell of a large wet dog.
The second room did not have an operational A/C. We waited for 1/2 hour for the repair man to come.
The third room smelled ok, the A/C worked but the bathroom had a lot of black mold growing between the tiles.
I did get a rate adjustment after I said I wanted to speak to the manager. I received a sticky note with the adjustment from the girl @ the front desk. Never saw the manager.
How can someone let a hotel get this bad. - Someone who doesn't care!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Close to the airport & highway . Nice basic hotel . Clean enough & comfortable .
Nice staff & polite . Good value for the money , Waffle makers and coffee for breakfast . No frills , But not bad .Beds were comfortable , ac & tvs worked well . Parking spaces were limited.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

South San Francisco
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel has 2 separate buildings, one across the railroad tracks of course they put us in that one. I was traveling with one other girl. Lots of scary people hanging around in front of hotel. Free parking if you can find it. We came back to find that there wasn't a single space available. The concierge told us to park in the Denny's parking lot and swore up and down we would be towed. It sure was nice having to walk 2 blocks back and forth from our car to our room in the back building. I wont be staying here again. Room was clean except for a huge black hair in our shower. (We are both blonde)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Petaluma, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We checked into the La Quinta only to find out that they actually have two large buildings with a railroad track in between along with various industrial yards. Our room was not in the main building and we had to drive across the tracks and around the back on the second building. We were taking the shuttle the next a.m. but there was no way you could get your baggage to the main building w/o taking your car.

Our first impression when we opened our room door was the overpowering smell of the powdered baking soda they use to clean??? carpets. The carpet was very dirty and the bottom of our white socks soon become black. While we were sititng there we heard a strange noise. On inspection it was coming from the ceiling over the bathtub. Large drops of water were dripping into the tub. they were coming from a plate in the ceiling that had rust and mildew on it. We called the desk and they sent a man up . He came in, looked at it, and said "Yes, it is dripping. I need to go upstairs to see if the room above also has a problem" He never returned so we had to listen to the drops all night. In addition, the bathroom sink did not have a stopper of any kind. I called, they said yes it was missing! I could figure that one out myself.

I have frequented La Quinta in Irvine, CA several times recently and have never seen anything like this. I definitely will NOT be going back.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask which building the room is in.
1 Thank 27dianeb
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,892 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to La Quinta Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!