“Bad Service”

Travelodge South San Francisco
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel online in UK and paid up front for two nights. When My family and I arrived at San Francisco airport, we rang the hotel, but waited for over an hour for pick up. When we did arrive, the receptionist said we were not on incoming guests and I had to pay again. Luckily, American Express refunded the money on my return. All in all not very impressed with service received and will choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Srt88
There are newer reviews for Travelodge South San Francisco

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at the Travelodge South San Francisco for one night prior to flight the next morning. Very convenient location down the street from the airport. Many issues with this hotel though. WiFi they advertise....non existent unless you are in the lobby and even then, you cannot download anything. Was supposed to get a king room, but received a queen instead. Not sure why but was not in the mood to move my things after I already brought them up to the 2nd floor. After getting frustrated with the WiFi in the room, I went to the lobby and did not get much better reception. Went back to my room and my key would not work....REALLY...waited for 10 minutes for the staff to get done with the people they were checking in and got 2 keys because I was not dealing with it again. Trying to park near where your room is can be a challenge. I would stay there again only due to the location but the bathroom was OLD and not very clean and I could not reach into the slider to close the bathroom door.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We used this Travelodge as a base for San Francisco - it is competitively priced as accommodation in SF is notoriously expensive. The rooms were clean enough, although a previous guest had smoked in the room. Coffee making facilities were in the room. Breakfast of pastries, bagels, etc was available in the reception area every day.

Travelling into SF is notoriously difficult by car. We got a great tip from the lady on reception (sorry, I forgot her name), to travel about 5 miles north on the 101 and catch the Larkspur ferry into the heart of SF. This was an enjoyable and reasonably priced alternative to sitting in traffic and gave us photo opportunities of the bridge and Alcatraz ! This is a commuter ferry and may be busy in the rush hour.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Hoyel is nice and staff is very supportive. They are very cooperative. They are giving good information about everything. I hope all hotels like that

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I have stayed here many times for several reasons. When I travel on short trips, I use the park-sleep-fly packages, so I can safely leave my car for up to two weeks as part of the price. They have a 24-hour shuttle to the airport (SFO), which is very convenient. Many hotel shuttles don't operate during the wee hours of the morning, when some planes leave or arrive.

This hotel is across the street from the BART (rapid transit) train, which also very convenient. One can take the train into San Francisco, or to the Richmond BART station to connect with Amtrak, if your journey is taking you away from SF.

The free morning breakfast is excellent, with many nice selections and good strong coffee. The rooms are very comfortable, with hot showers, wonderful beds, and flat screen television. There is an elevator for the higher floors, and free wi-fi.

As a traveler who has stayed in many hotels in many cities, I recommend this hotel without reservation! (But you'll need one....) (Sorry for the pun....)

Room Tip: All rooms have been just fine to me!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Marymary9999
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Was good for one night !! The bathroom wasn't really clean.
The best was the Japanese Restaurant next to the Hotel !!!
Free Shuttle from and to the airport ... just dial 50 on the info hotel phone service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Not recently updated, but the room and bathroom was clean. Beds were very comfortable. The pool was clean, lots of shade to sit in while watching my son swim but the reclining lounge chairs only laid flat. I felt safe enough, but the parking at the hotel is not great... not enough spaces for the amount of rooms maybe. Window in the room opened for fresh air. Coffee maker and hair dryer, but no microwave. We stayed here out of convenience so we didn't have to drive 3 hours after an evening wedding. I would probably choose a different hotel in the future, but this one served it's purpose for us. Staff was very nice and courteous. Biggest complaint would have been the band practicing in the banquet/conference room at 10am Sunday, but I didn't complain because we were checking out right then, anyway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Deluxe Inn
#22 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST

Been to Travelodge South San Francisco? Share your experiences!