Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Overland Park, Kansas
“Reviews all over the map”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

the reviews for this hotel are all over the map, and I don't understand why. Checkin was flawless, rooms are clean and well appointed, happy hour was well run, rooms are clean and quiet. Airport shuttle is shared with other hotels in the area, so it take a while to get to and from the airport. free parking. Would not work well if you are trying to use BART.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

The carpet was aged and there were pretzels on the bedroom floor when we checked in. The sofa bed was horrible - too old and with no support left. In fact the whole bed was sagging and we had to use a chair to prop up the bed so the kids would not slip off the bed. On the other hand, the hot cooked-to-order breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. There were paper cups provided and we could bring the hot beverages to our room. I guess this place is ok if you do not need the sofa bed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Since I work nearby I have stayed here many times since 2002. The place really need new carpets, furniture etc
It is really looking shabby. I stay here because my company gets a good rate. On the plus side the staff is friendly and the food is okay.

• Stayed December 2010
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am a business traveler and have stayed at this hotel a few times. My last visit was marred with several problems. The toilet would not flush. I called and asked for someone to fix it. They knocked on the door 30 minutes later, but I was getting dressed so I asked them to come back in a few minutes. When I returned back to my room later that evening, the toilet had never been fixed. My iron also would not work. I called to have it replaced. They brought me one that was literally falling apart. I had to hold the pieces together to iron my shirt.

Overall, the hotel is very dated, with a 1980's mauve color scheme. It is desperately in need of a face lift, including changing the dirty carpets, to bring it into the 2000's. The breakfast was definitely below par compared to the many other Embassy Suites I have stayed at.

The only redeeming aspect of this hotel is that it is a short drive to Grand Ave. in South San Francisco, which has an excellent Thai restaurant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I went to SF for a Giants/Braves game on 10/7/10. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Burlingame, but decided to try this one instead. We were very happy we did! This hotel is very clean, which is the most important for us, and the staff is great. We arrived early and they had our room ready very quickly. We were only there for one night, so we didn't have room service or eat in the resturant, but the breakfast the next morning was pretty good. Our room was on the corner, so we had no outside noise at all. There were lots of kids of course, it's Embassy Suites, but no running up and down the halls like the hotel in Burlingame. (I'm not bashing kids, I have 4!) We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Bruno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Very clean, affordable. I wanted to take my husband there for a date night was very close so we went there very nice we walked in everyone greeted us with a smile. The bed was very comfy we only stayed there one night but it was very nice and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

It was a wonderful hotel for a family. We could put our son in another room and we could stay up a bit later in the other room. It was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,865 reviews
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport
Four Points By Sheraton San Fran...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Address: 250 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Location: United States > California > South San Francisco
#6 Romantic Hotel in South San Francisco
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco