Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
$142
$124
HIExpress.com
1,752 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionkoi pondsan franciscounion squarebit datedfree breakfastparking feeshuttle serviceyogurtfree shuttlerental caratriumairportdowntownbaybartfreeway
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Was a standard ES with the terrific breakfast and managers happy hour. Room comforable and clean, biggest complaint was AC didn't work, was told they were having issues and we were told to open our window! Glad it wasn't freezing outside of woould have been told to build a fire I guess.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of sleep and comfort you deserved during your recent stay. Room temperature is vital and I realize that the unit in your suite failed. We have reported your concerns to our maintenance team to ensure that the AC unit is operating properly. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance and will reconsider staying with the Embassy Suites Brand again in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance, or if you have any additional information that you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly. Thank you, Jennifer Busse - Director of Sales

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Always an Excellent stay. This place makes you feel like royalty. Very beautiful, always clean, always fun, family oriented as well as business oriented. We always have a great time at the Embassy Suites. Free Breakfast, free snacks and drinks every night unbeatable.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed for one night on Hilton points, so I can't speak to value in terms of price. But the redemption level was reasonable.

It's a standard ES, which is good, as these are always the same, but nice properties.

The check-in staff was helpful and polite. The suite was fine. Even the sofa bed was OK. The morning shuttle ran pretty frequently, and although it makes a run to several other hotels, they're all basically in the same office park, so it was OK. The shuttle van was luxurious, as airport shuttles go, and the driver was professional and friendly.

The business center was fully functional and allowed me to print boarding passes without any difficulties.

Only a couple of minor complaints: The check-in staffer stated that breakfast would open the following morning at 7:00. I was disappointed because I had to be on the 7:00 shuttle. However, when I went downstairs, I could see a lot of people seated and well into their meals. I was hungry, and had I known that the breakfast area opened earlier than 7:00, I would have been there. Instead I wound up spending $13 on a yogurt and bagel breakfast at the airport.

One other member of our party was able to go, and he loved it.

The minor thing, which isn't a fault of the hotel, is that I chose the sleeper bed, which is in the main living area. I am a light sleeper, so between the people gabbing in the hallways late at night, and the sounds of the common area traveling up the spacious atrium, I didn't sleep well. I would recommend that the heaviest sleeper in a small group take that bed.

Also, and I don't recall if this is the case with all ES properties, the entrance into the bathroom is via the bedroom. That inhibits privacy for all concerned.

However, I would still return to this property for an early flight. It's my third stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Booked this hotel on the spur of the moment- not far from the airport and downtown. Breakfast was enjoyable and liked the manager's reception. Suites were spacious. Front desk- was helpful during the stay- gave ideas for using BART as well as other directions. Had a very good stay- would come back again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay while on business in the San Francisco area. The location was close to airport and conveniently located minutes to downtown San Francisco. The hotel airport shuttle was most convenient as well as weekend shuttles to Union Square. Will definitely stay here again. Service from staff was professional and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business