Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
HIExpress.com
$161
$152
1,755 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionkoi pondsan franciscounion squarebit datedfree breakfastparking feeshuttle serviceyogurtfree shuttlerental caratriumairportdowntownbaybartfreeway
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my third stay at this hotel over the past 4 months. My stays have been consistently good (for the most part).

Positives
The rooms are large suites with small (very small) balconies. The beds are fairly comfortable and I appreciate the built in storage space and prep areas. The bathroom was very small in comparison to the room, but I wasn't bothered by the size.
Breakfast is always a highlight when staying at the Embassy Suites...which other hotel offers custom made egg white omletes? The manager's reception (free alcohol and snacks) is also an added treat at the end of the day.

The staff, particularly the front desk staff, was incredible. There never was a line, and when all clerks were busy, the manager or another clerk would suddenly appear to help. And they actually were eager to help with requests (eg
providing shaving cream, calling a taxi, giving travel advice, etc). Whenmi asked about checkout time, I was told noon, but immediately ado asked if I needed an extension. Wow...usually it's like pulling teeth to get that, even as a Diamond member! When I called to get picked up from my client site via the free hotel shuttle, the front desk told me that the shuttle wasn't running but that they would send a taxi to pick me up for free. Sure enough, the taxi came within 5 minutes and drove me back to the hotel free of charge. It may have cost the hotel $5, but it secured my next reservation.

Negatives:
The elevators are slow and they are renovating one of the front elevators. A work around is to stay in the rear of the hotel where there are three working elevators. Someone needs to reprogram the elevators since it seems they are inefficient. Nevertheless, they are getting better and now 4/5 are running.

The Internet connection also needs some major work. I barely received a signal in the bedroom and in the living room, the Internet often would disconnect, connect, disconnect, etc. very frustrating!

Finally, the airport shuttle has way too many hotel stops. They should work on reducing the number of stops to three at the max.

Overall to property is a solid 4 in my opinion.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hello michael30309,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that over your past 3 stays, your experience has continued to improve. We appreciate your positive feedback about our suites, breakfast and evening reception. It is also wonderful to hear how accommodating our Front Desk staff has been. We take pride in our hotel and all it has to offer, but our staff is key. To touch on the negatives: The front elevator that was out of commission for renovation is running, so both of our front elevators closest to the Front Desk are available for use. We expect to be finished with the elevator renovation in the coming months, so this will no longer be an issue. We do have "hot spots" available for when the wireless internet is spotty. If not in use by other guests, you can request for one at the Front Desk. We are also constantly working to improve our wireless signal for our guests. We will definitely take into consideration your experience with the airport shuttle. Thank you for sharing your concern. We look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth stay with us!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am writing this review as my sweetheart is currently staying there. This is an older property that is showing it's age. One of the big advantages of this property is it's proximity to the airport.
The parking might be a bit problematic if you are driving anything larger than a Nissan Sentra (which he is) you may be able to squeeze into a parking spot, but, then you may have quite a time getting in and out of your car. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. The staff overall has been good and helpful. Room service food is, good, but not outstanding. The one huge drawback to this property for a business traveler is the network. If you are a business person and need to get any work done that requires internet access after 7:30 pm, forget it. He has spent over 2 two hours on the phone with AT&T last evening (who, ultimately owns the network at the property) and they informed him that they would have to "Escalate to Tier 2". Based on what he has been able to deduce from all of this is that their network is badly over subscribed. (too many users and not enough bandwidth) This has been a source of tremendous frustration due to the work that he needs to accomplish after hours in order to be ready for the technology classes he teaches the next morning. Bottom Line: If you need to get work done in the evenings that involves internet access, don't stay here. (We can't even maintain a Yahoo Messenger conversation without the network dropping out repeatedly)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear carybenn53,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with our hotel. We strive for excellent service in every department and I'm sorry that your expectations of our hotel have fallen short. I invite you to give us and call and voice your concerns with us directly, we'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve our hotel.

I do apologize for the inconvenience with our internet service, again we'd love to hear your feedback so we may better improve our services for you and others in the future. Please do not hesitate to give us a call. Thank you for your compliment with our comfortable suites, I'll be sure to share that with our team!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip and could not have been happier. I arrived early, but they had a room ready for me.

My room was clean, the bed comfy and the staff very friendly.

When I inquired about a place to eat the front desk staff gave me a list and then pointed out some favorites. I decided to try out El Farolito which was close by, but to far to walk. So I asked the front desk and they provided transportation both ways.

Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (they have 10 floors) with a view. You will see the bay and area surroundings.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear gregbooras,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the South San Francisco area. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your feedback about our comfy beds and friendly staff . We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting South San Francisco.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a result of the plane crash. Very hospitable staff and daily happy hour was just what we needed after leaving the airport. Rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Easy access to the airport as well.

• Stayed: July 2013
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Scott B,

Thank so much for your kind review of our hotel. We pride our self on our top notch service and unmatched value that we offer to our visitors. I'm glad that you were able to share what the experience of staying with Embassy Suites is all about; especially complimentary evening reception and our friendly team. I welcome you to come back for a visit any time you are in the Bay Area again.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everything went smooth except the elevators-they seriously need to do something about those! The breakfast is very good, check in is smooth and the room is what you'd expect at an Embassy Suites-plenty big, 2 beds, pull out sofa, etc. We were there for a SF Giants game-perfect location. Took the Cal Train in and back, a 5 minute walk from hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dairygirl1,

Thank so much for your kind review of our hotel. We pride our self on our top notch service and unmatched value that we offer to our visitors. I'm glad that you were able to share what the experience of staying with Embassy Suites is all about; especially our spacious 2 room suites and complimentary cook to order breakfast. I welcome you to come back for a visit any time you are in the Bay Area again.

Thanks again for giving us a try!