Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Roseville
“Second Time Around”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and again not so satisfied. First time it was very noisy and the couch bed was so uncomfortable as our son slept on it. We complained and they were so very nice to give us a free night. We just used the free night and again we were disappointed as the people above us was so loud and walking back and forth in there room all night long. Again the couch bed was uncomfortable as I slept on it this time and I only weigh 106 lbs and felt the springs underneath me. The staff is great and so is the breakfast. For this hotel charging the price they do I would recommend staying on the last floor especially if you need a good night sleep to catch a very early flight out. Plus I think they could upgrade the couch mattress.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and don't sleep on the couch bed.
1 Thank essacramento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great place to stay at and very convenient to the San Francisco Airport. The breakfast is great and front desk staff were awesome and very responsive. I would recommend for families travelling together. This hotel is very family friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Laura P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the South San Francisco area. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your feedback about your enjoyment of our hot breakfast and our wonderful staff. We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting South San Francisco.

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wow. I stayed here back a few years ago, and was less than satisfied. This time around it appears to be a whole new staff, and a whole new experience. When we checked in, we were greeted right away with smiles. A girl with blonde hair, I think her name was Carolyn or Meghan, and a gentleman named Erick checked us in. I had problems with my amex as I hadn't told them I was traveling, so my card was shut off. They were so understanding and accommodating. They also upgraded us to a beautiful room, and we didn't even ask! They all seemed genuinely happy to work there and were so hospitable. Then, when we all returned early in the morning after a bit of fun, I must admit we were a bit intoxicated. Maurlyn at the front desk was extremely patient, and even went to get us snacks because there were no vending machines. We never asked him to, he just went and did it. I was touched by this gesture. It would have been much easier for him to just tell us "no, we don't have any snack vending machines at this hour." He went above and beyond. The next morning I woke up and called the front desk to ask for a late check out. They said "yes," no questions asked! I've stayed at many hotels and I received better service at this hotel than at some of the boutique hotels that are ridiculously pricey. Kudos to the fd staff at this hotel, and the general manager should be proud. He's got some real gems that are representing this hotel well. Will definitely be back! Thanks for an amazing stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank tholley0101
Dear Taryn H,

Thank so much for your kind review of our hotel. We pride our self on our top notch service and unmatched value that we offer to our visitors. I'm glad that you were able to share what the experience of staying with Embassy Suites is all about; especially our amazing staff.
I welcome you to come back for a visit any time you are in the Bay Area again.

Thanks again for giving us a second try!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy for 3 nights with the family for a weekend trip to San Francisco and enjoyed every minute at the hotel. After a situation at another embassy Suites they transfer us here and I could not have been happier.
The room as usually in Embassy was comfortable and enough room for the family not to feel cramped. It is well located to go around town since we had a car.
The only down is the shuttle service takes a while to and from the airport since it makes stops at other local area hotels - so plan ahead.
The best was breakfast - complete, well stocked and friendly staff. A huge recognition to Lena, during breakfast she was helpful and attentive. Thank you Lena!!!
The afternoon Manager's Reception was nice for drinks, but it was not well stocked with food.

Dear laura-i73,

Thank so much for your kind review of our hotel. We pride our self on our top notch service and unmatched value that we offer to our visitors. I'm glad that you were able to share what the experience of staying with Embassy Suites is all about; especially our friendly team and the amenities we have to offer. I welcome you to come back for a visit any time you are in the Bay Area again.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Granite Bay, California
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took the grand kids to the city for the weekend. The hotel accommodations were a great. I felt the hotel was very safe and I did not worry about the kids. The pool was well monitored and the kids loved all the goodies they had for breakfast. Checkout was easy and we were off the city for more adventures.

Dear jerryclarke,

Thank so much for your kind review of our hotel. We pride our self on our top notch service and the safety of our visitors. I'm glad that you were able to share what the experience of staying with Embassy Suites is all about; especially our cook to order breakfast. I welcome you to come back for a visit any time you are in the Bay Area again.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In short. The place smelled bad (room carpets and elevators). Our bathroom door was broken as if it had been kicked in and never fixed. The door would not close all the way and definitely not lock. Not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at 6am from an all night flight. We were given a room immediately. The front desk clerk was great and very friendly. He even gave us a ride to the Caltrain later in the day. Other reviews rated the hotel low. I disagree. The professional staff saw to our every need. Even the lady who worked in the gift shop at night was great to speak with. She made us feel very welcome. (Night of May 26th). I did see upgrades in progress and the work was looking good. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great. It was a great start to your day. When I come back to San Francisco, I'll go out of my way to stay here again. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear JLibby8511,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the South San Francisco area. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your feedback about your enjoyment of our hot breakfast and of course, our friendly staff. We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting South San Francisco.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Address: 250 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080-7018
Location: United States > California > South San Francisco
#5 Romantic Hotel in South San Francisco
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco