Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Santa Rosa, California
“Parking Tip”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Have stayed at this property several times for business meetings. If you bring a car - do NOT park under the eucalyptus trees to the right of the entrance on the side of the lot - by the time you leave, it will be COVERED in many large piles bird poop! What do they have, pelicans nesting in those trees?? I had never parked there, and now will avoid that area in the future. I hear they charge for parking, but cannot confirm, as my company always covers it under a contract. Overall, very nice staff, and your typical Embassy Suites, if you are familiar with them. If you are not, each room is like a small apartment with a living area and a bedroom. TVs in both rooms, sofa bed in living room (not usually comfortable though), three sinks - one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom (always thought that was odd, but I guess if there are several of you, it helps in the morning) and a bar type sink in the living room. This Embassy Suites breakfast area is a little different in the morning in that they have a breakfast buffet (scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sauisage, pancakes) that you can just serve yourself in two areas plus the usual made to order omelette area. So, you don't have to wait for a hot breakfast like other Embassy Suites. Plus the usual continental breakfast fare: cereal, yoghurt, fruit and pastries, juices. Overall, fine. Rooms are fine - a little dated, but really not bad. Bed was comfortable. Ask for a quiet room to avoid airport and street noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mililani, Hawaii
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Attractive facility - the night we arrived think the entire US little league teams were there - much fun and laughter from kids (always a good sound - although it echoes around the courtyard!!).

We had a king suite - very nice room on the top floor - and had booked and paid for three of us. Sadly we had to call down for pillows for the third person, no coffee for three people (just two!), two cups, two glasses, two washcloths, two hand towels, three bath towels (!), and the sofa-bed, although large, was beyond uncomfortable! We had to leave too early to take advantage of the two breakfast tickets we were given!!! (Our receipt definitely shows that there were three of us!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ron O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the hotel's failure of meeting your specific needs. We are constantly striving to exceed the expecations of our guests, and need to make sure our team is focusing on the ever important details of a guest stay. I have shared your comments with our Guest Services team, and we hope to improve on our services moving forward.

Ron Oishi
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent the night in this hotel due to flight delays. I used my Hilton App to select a hotel close to the airport. I chose this Hilton because it had an airport shuttle. If you use the shuttle, be careful not to get on the wrong shuttle bus because there are two Embassy Suites in the area. Make sure you are going to be taken to the correct hotel, otherwise you're going to the wrong hotel. The shuttle drivers are very friendly and helpful considering how hard they work servicing so many hotels. The shuttle bus for this hotel serves several hotels so there will be a few pick ups or drop offs along the way to and from the airport. The ride is about 15 minutes. When I checked into the hotel the staff was exceptionally friendly. My room was very clean considering how dated the hotel is. This is an older Embassy and needs to remodeled. I had a few issues and management was incredibly friendly and responsive. The employee's at this hotel are among the friendliest I have encountered with Hilton. Even though this hotel is rather aged, I would probably stay here again because of its staff. While you're here make sure you take advantage of the hotel's free drinks at night and free breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Most rooms and suites should be fairly equal for this chain.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Four of us stayed in two rooms post cruise.

The hotel itself is very accommodating and we felt very comfortable. The rooms are huge and well appointed, although they may be getting a little tired.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is full service with made to order items and includes beverages.

The noise from the atrium can certainly be heard in the rooms, but if you close the bedroom door to your sitting area, you don’t hear it.

We had a rental car and this helped as there is virtually nothing around the hotel – you would pretty much be stuck here if you don’t have transportation.

There is a free airport shuttle, and on the weekends, a shuttle to Fisherman’s Wharf during the day.

I would certainly stay here again and in fact have booked a room for my in-laws for their San Francisco stopover in a couple of months.

Room Tip: I would think that the higher floors would be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed October 2, 2012

One night to catch an early flight from SFO.

So yeah the hotel is close to the airport- no argument there...probably the hotel's best selling point.

In a dumpy part of town and there are spots all around the hotel....non secured...nothing....AND THEY CHARGE for parking.

The lobby/foyer- what to say...mildly amusing? Huge open space...looks like a tropical garden with a Koi pond...the elevator even has a sign inviting the guests for a drink by the Koi Pond...Cool in the 70's perhaps...made me giggle.

Upon checkin the staff inform me that the King room I booked is not going to be available (at $250 bucks per night)....so I get told I am getting a double...fine. Then I get told I am upgraded to a Suite! Things looking up.

The Suite- huge. But the furniture was just atrocious. Dark brown abounds, pullout couch in the living room.Ugly posters and lamps...all of this overlooking the parking lot with its glaring lights shining in through the curtains.

Master bedroom still has a double bed...so for all the gained space, I still wasn't in the bed I'd been promised.

Just when I thought the furniture couldnt get any weirder, that's when I discovered a sink in my (carpeted) bedroom....behind the open door to the bathroom...Huh?
This looked like a room repurposed with a mish mash of ugly 70's furniture.
Bed was OK as was the bedding- no complaints there.
Icing on the cake: the room STANK of a chemical deodoriser like something had recently occurred in the room. What really irked me was a wet spot I walked over on the carpet....nasty.
Bathroom- so we have a suite with ONE bar of soap, ONE shampoo and ONE conditioner- forget QTips or anything else....that's it.....not enough for two let alone more.....at $250?

Internet? Paying but the bandwidth was so slow I'd be ashamed to call it 'access'...especially in SF Area.

The staff (pleasant enough) couldnt point me in the direction of a decent restaurant to save themselves....unless it was a chain fast food joint. The one place I found I was told was a five minute walk away- I ignored them and drove anyway 4 min drive....in the foggy cold....I'd have walked that?

I checked out before I could taste the breakfast.

This place is overpriced, overrated- stay away and try something else near the airport. By rating this place 'average' I'm being more than fair.

1 Thank LeDude13
EmbassySuitesSSF, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Duder13,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways to offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.

I apologize that the suite did not meet your expectations. We hope you will consider visiting us again if you should be in the area soon so that we can provide you with a more desireable visit.

Thank you again for providing us with feedback we can utilize to improve.

Safe Travels,

Jennifer Busse
Director of Sales & Marketing
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here with some of my colleagues for a conference we were hosting the next day. The rooms where a very nice suite with a separate work and seating area from the bedroom area. The hotel has a complimentary full breakfast every morning as well as a drinks/appetizers (manager's reception) each night. They also provide a shuttle to and from the airport (note this is a shared service shuttle and not owner by the hotel, thus it makes 5-6 stops at other hotels before heading to the airport).

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having stayed in this area multiple times for both work and pleasure, really impressed with the opportunities this hotels setting gives you! Stayed here this time with family while wife was participating in a business forum. Roughly 15 minute drive on 101 either way gets you to lower San Francisco downtown or, other way, to Airport and access to Burlingame and there abouts. Want to cut across to the coast and Half Moon Bay??...freeway for that is right there...want to get to East Bay but hate trying to go through San Fran, well just head south 5-10 minute and hit San Mateo bridge and over.....Hotel is a smaller, very well kept Embassy Suites. We checked in at around 7:00, met with best front desk of any Embassy Suites my family has experienced and an unexpected upgrade in a room! Has an actual restaurant on site as well as the usual breakfast/reception with an actual lounge! Great views from windows in the rooms and very quiet. Would have given this a 5+ except for 2 things.....parking is like most other properties in that its expensive (17.00 for hotel lot..) and some wear starting to show in carpets and wallpaper. Multiple businesses near by for those of interest and 101 access in 100 meters yet still very quiet! This hotel is now in our families inner choices for work and leisure! Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Rooms facing freeway have best view and still quiet!!! If with kids, King suites are usually on end...
6 Thank doc0205
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 29 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 29 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 29 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport
Four Points By Sheraton San Fran...
#13 of 29 in South San Francisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Address: 250 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080-7018
Location: United States > California > South San Francisco
#6 Romantic Hotel in South San Francisco
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco