Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed here before and this hotel is always great with customer service. Last visit we had some issues and they were very quickly addressed. This time everything was great! They even addressed the problem they used to have with long wait times for breakfast and the managers reception! Kudos! They now have hot breakfast items on the sides without having to wait in line. Much better flow. So unless you are wanting a cooked to order egg, if there is a line, don't wait in it and go on over to one of the side buffets where they also have the same hot items on the bar! We were on the 10th floor and really enjoyed watching the planes take off. This property is far enough away from the airport that you don't hear the planes; however, there is a train track beside the hotel and a train did go by while we were there, but thankfully not at a time while we were sleeping.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the train tracks unless you are on a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Runnermom3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was very near to the airport.

What I expected was a pretty basic hotel. What I found was a Ten Storey structure where the interior is hollowed out with all floors visible and the void filled with a large and beautiful garden.

This is a part of the Hilton Chain and so I was offered a large room which was basically a living room and separate bedroom. The furnishings were basic however the bed was very comfortable, it was clean and everything worked. Whilst there are blockout curtains, they do not overlap and despite my best efforts the sun light up my room from early in the morning. So I recommend you do not get an east facing room.

Breakfast was a basic fare although there was enough choice and a station where they would cook you some eggs or an omlete. This was all included in the room rate which I thought was pretty reasonable.

The fitnesss centre was small but adequate with 24 hour access.

It was certianly pleasant to be able to walk out of your room and look down on the lush gardens in the attrium. Over all a comfortable and nice place to stay that was airport friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid an east facing room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mendocino
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the years. Quite often I use their park and fly program for various trips. I like the design of the hotel interior, the afternoon free cocktails, the freshly cooked breakfast in the mornings and the service is always very good. The rooms are very comfortable and nice suites with a living rooms and sofa. Makes for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rocketdude27
Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel is good, rooms clean and I was not bothered much by the close by airport. It probably helped to have a room to the north.
Breakfast is somewhat chaotic. They were out of Orange juice for at least the 45 minutes that I stayed there.

Somewhat annoying is that they charge, I think $11 for WiFi and $17, but they have the managers reception with free drinks for two hours.. Honestly I would rather have it the other way around.
Also be careful with the bill. I had the WiFi charge on there twice. It was removed without discussion when checking out.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing north.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Johan N
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for 5 nights during a tour of California.
We were well looked after by a very competent team of professionals - Nothing was too much trouble. Lots of sight seeing advice and generally very friendly. We felt at home the moment we stepped foot through the door.
Highlights - Views from the upper floors. Inclusive breakfast. Free Managers cocktails each evening. Well appointed rooms
Lowlights - None.
Tip - When going in to San Francisco, if the hotel shuttle isn't running to Town, take the Hotel shuttle to the Airport and then the BART metro system - Quick and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite - More spacious
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eastsussextravelfan
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Wow!!!! Is all I gotta say.....From the minute we arrived till the time we checked out, the service was Awesome. Steve at the front desk checked us in and was very professional. I dont understand where all the negative feedback comes from other guests but this hotel always made sure we were enjoying our stay and also went above and beyond. I also wanted to mention Tim and Dietra. Both of these front desk staff members were wonderful as well and always were willing to assist. Thank you guys for making me and my 14 family members feel welcomed. I enjoyed the breakfast and took advantage of all the yummy snacks and drinks at the evening managers reception. I also had a problem with the in room movies not working and the engineer tried his best to trouble shoot the problem. When he found he couldn't resolve the problem, he was so generous to give a voucher for a free meal from room service for the inconvenience. I rate this hotel a 5 because that is the highest I could go, but this property deserves more!!!!
Thanks again Steve, Tim, and Dietra for everything!!!! Hawaii misses kind hearted people when we are away from home, but you found a way to fill that for us!!!! You guys rock !!!!!
(P.S. To my fellow Trip Advisors.......Please don't be fooled by the negative reviews. I read every single review prior to coming and was totally shocked to see that this property blew me away!!!! Im glad I didn't decide to switch hotels based on the negative reviews.)

Room Tip: 4th floor and above
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank island_gurl808
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Hotel is located in a business park area near the airport. There is an airport shuttle which we used. Typical Embassy Suite design with the atrium and complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour. Breakfast was pretty good and plentiful. The rooms are getting run down but quiet, at least where we were located. The staff was great, helpful and courteous.
Its an expensive taxi ride to downtown but one day we took the Cal train after getting a ride from the hotel shuttle to pick up spot which saved $.
There is a gas station or two in the area but nothing outside of the hotel restaurant for dining to which you could walk.
We weren't at the hotel much but overall it served our purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Address: 250 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080-7018
Location: United States > California > South San Francisco
#5 Romantic Hotel in South San Francisco
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco