All reviews wine and cheese pasadena area living room the san gabriel mountains bed and breakfast b bs lovely home other guests craftsman home door code huntington library breakfast was delicious fresh fruit each evening felt like home a lovely stay los angeles
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

My family and I have been hosted here and had a great time. Convenient location to viist Los Angeles. Rich and delicious breakfasts. Nice and available keepers. Cozy rooms with excellent WiFi connection.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
arroyovistainn335, Owner at Arroyo Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for feedback and we appreciate your business. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend while visiting my family. If you need a cozy little nook to come back to after some stressful family time, this is the place! The property is beautiful, the interior is very cozy, and the bedrooms are comfortable and pristine. The staff seems to prefer to keep to themselves, which might be odd for the seasoned B&B lover, but was fine for us. They send you a door code and you check yourself in and out, so if you're really trying to get away from it all, that really helps. If you're looking for a chatty innkeeper to tell you all about the local attractions, this might not be the right place.

I'm from LA originally, but now I live in Northern California, which is much more of a top B&B location than LA. The B&Bs in Napa are unmatched, particularly because of the food. If you're a foodie, the breakfasts here fall a bit short, especially if you've stayed in Napa or the central coast. But hey, they're decent and filling, and I'm usually grateful when people cook for me at all. And this is LA, so you can find good food anywhere.

Overall, this place is cozy and the hospitality was exactly what I was looking for during my trip. As an LA native, I can't say I know much about accommodations in LA, but this was about as good as I could have expected. Thanks, Arroyo Vista Inn!

Room tip: I imagine that rooms in the back of the house might have been slightly quieter. Our room overlooking the parking area was quite noisy.
Date of stay: August 2019
arroyovistainn335, Owner at Arroyo Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Thank you so much for the feedback and we appreciate your business. We agree that we are a top B&B in LA and aim to provide great value for our guests.

Reviewed June 24, 2019

This B&B is very charming, nicely appointed and in a good location if you are driving. As noted in other reviews, the driveway is a little obscure but manageable – Uber may have a challenge finding you. There were a couple things which if addressed, would have made our stay perfect.

- Arrival : Although self-check in is required, it takes a little while before you figure things out, but one eventually gets there. There is a TV screen on the wall with some relevant information on it. We made it through the check-in process with the help of a young lady who answered the door when we knocked, I assumed she was “on duty” but couldn’t be sure. Took some time to get the right information from her (door code confirmation, directions to the room) - some hospitality training wouldn’t go amiss. Once we got settled and were sitting in the living room area later, another guest arrived and encountered the same confusion – no host, “where do I check in ?”, “where’s my room ?” etc. We were happy to assist him and glad that we were not the only ones to experience this.

- We stayed in room #2 which is very nice. Unfortunately, use of the balcony deck was limited given that there was some construction going on – not a big deal but some signage forewarning us of this would have been nice. Likewise, some notification that the work would be taking place on a Saturday morning would have avoided us being surprised. Weekend construction near a room where paying guests are staying seems inappropriate.

- Fix the Keurig machine and /or have it ready for use. Although there were coffee pods available, seemed like it hadn’t been used in a while.

Overall however, the rooms and the seating areas downstairs are very nice. Sit, have a glass of wine and read a newspaper in very pleasant surroundings. I would think that a bit more of a visible hosting presence would assure many more 4 or 5 start ratings.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
arroyovistainn335, Owner at Arroyo Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating and comments. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to having you back at the Inn.

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband, myself and two daughters stayed here in total for two weeks. We were all in LA to attend another daughter's wedding. Due to visa timings we needed to make swift bookings for flights and accommodation, but we all knew we didn't want a featureless modern hotel. We snapped up two rooms, which are in the eaves - charm compensates for less light! The staff were wonderfully helpful, even offering breakfast for our whole family including the happy couple. We found the Arroyo to be full of character, clean, comfortable and homely. It was also great to stay in an arts and crafts style house; in fact it would be good to know more history (beyond the available album) about the house. If you like to meet interesting people around the breakfast table, this is the place to stay. We have exchanged emails with some lovely couples we met during our stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
arroyovistainn335, Owner at Arroyo Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate your long stay and hope you come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Don't miss staying here. We had a wedding in Pasadena and decided to stay here instead of a traditional hotel and we are delighted with our stay. This place is charming and close enough to everything. Large lovely front porch, period living and dining room. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. Susan cooked the best breakfast I had in years. We'll look for an excuse to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the 5 star rating and the great comments. Looking forward to having you back at the Inn soon.