“Finger lickin' good!!”
Review of Gus's Barbecue

Gus's Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Gus's Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Street
Transit: Gus's is located only a couple of blocks from the South Pasadena gold line station.
Pasadena, CA
“Finger lickin' good!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Their combo platter is excellent and they have delicious beans. Come with an appetite because this place is sure to leave you full and satisfied.

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
Pasadena
“Down Home Cooking”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had lunch here today with some friends and the restaurant was packed at noon time. There are a lot of local business folk eating at that time. I have been here before and Gus' is consistently good. BBQ items are delicious as are their sweet potato fries. The passion fruit ice tea is refreshing. Service is efficient. This is not a luxury spot but very casual, clean and friendly. I happen to like the banquette/booth in the back. They take reservations for lunch and for dinner and I highly recommend them for lunch. I will be back.

• Visited March 2013
“Yummy food, fun setting!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Enjoyed a family party in the back room this last visit - 14 of us including some kids. Enjoyed our food - yummy Memphis style ribs, BBQ Brick Chicken, Shredded onion rings, and cornbread. Oh yes, Greek salad. We also had the artichoke spinach dip which was gobbled up so fast we had to order more. The back room is small and we were a bit crowded (by choice- we were celebrating a birthday), and the kids made it really noisy. I love the setting out in the restaurant and enjoy the ambiance much more. The food is consistently good here. We have also enjoyed it catered at events and always look forward to it!

• Visited October 2012
Pasadena, CA
“Dependable BBQ”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm sure BBQ enthusiasts could argue particulars, but this place is all around a great place. Nice surroundings, friendly staff, a good beer list and a mess of BBQ that -- given the slim choices -- is as good as any I've head around here. We always enjoy a visit, and always eat too much, which seems appropriate somehow. They do a nice weekend brunch too.

Visited December 2012
“Oldtime favorite a success under new ownership”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I usually order fish almost wherever I go. Gus's, known for its brisket and barbecued ribs also excels at serving tasty fish dishes. The hot cornbread served right in the iron frying pan is great, as are the sweet potato fries. Being on a low sodium diet, I always find something I can eat on the menu. The service is great and as an oldtimer I can attest to the fact that Gus's new owners know how to keep the tradition going.

Visited September 2012