“Great old time soda fountain”

Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in South Pasadena
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
South Pasadena, California
“Great old time soda fountain”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I love places like this,takes u back to the old soda fountain stores in the 50's and 60's,sit at the counter and have a ice cream soda ,or have lunch.Outdoor sitting is nice.Has old time candy too,and toys,signs,gifts.Not much seating inside a couple of tables but I think the counter is fun.Been here a long time and can get very busy because it's that cool of a place!

• Visited July 2013

Augusta, GA
“Felt Like a Kid Again”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I ate like we could afford the calories.m we are both old enough to remember a good old soda fountain. This place is especially known for its sundaes, but we had glorious burgers, sweet potato fries and onion rings to die for. I had a wonderful vanilla malt, and they brought the extra in a container. My husband had a cherry phosphate, and it was excellent as well. Very good service.

Visited March 2013
Pasadena
“OMG, my stomach hurts....”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Here I sit after coming back from the soda fountain. I've lived in the SGV all my life, but had never visited this cute little diner. Today is Easter Sunday, so we thought it might be closed. But, surprise, it was opened and only a family outside and a family inside when we arrived after 1:00pm. When we left the place was filling up.

My husband ordered the pastrami on rye. It came not with sauerkraut, but with lettuce. He said it was ok. I ordered the hot dog and french fries. I asked if the fries were fresh or frozen. He admitted they were frozen. The dog was 'all beef' that had a nice crunch when you bit into it. We both ordered the chocolate shakes, yes, with whip cream and a cherry! YUMMY!!!! I only ate half the dog and a few fries. I didn't want to spoil my "lunch" aka the shake. I am now feeling the pain of consuming that delicious treat.

We will return sometime in the future, for dessert only. BTW, the young staff was very friendly and service was perfect. We felt very comfortable. As others have mentioned, there are little goodies to look at and to buy. Which we did, but the building itself is quite remarkable. A definite keeper this little soda foundation. :-D

• Visited March 2013
“Old time”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There is a lack of parking in the area so it's best to arrive by bike or on foot, but it brings you back in time with an old time soda fountain. Fun!

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Charm and quality all over the place!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

An endearing gem of the Mission shopping district in South Pasadena
for decades, the Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain takes you back to
bygone days of quality and good service.
The lunch menu, ice cream treats, and gift boutique are all nicely sourced,,
charmingly assembled, and lovingly
delivered in a cosy space right out of a
Frank Capra small town.
This is a must visit if you're in the
Los Angekes/ Pasadena area.