“Romance in a strip mall”
Review of Cafe Cruz

Cafe Cruz
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Cruz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Soquel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A strange setting, challenging parking and boring exterior could fool ya; but take a chance on Cafe Cruz and I think you'll be happy. The interior is lovely and warm, however, we chose to eat in the garden patio next to the lit fireplace as the sun set. I loved the macadamia encrusted halibut. It was cooked to perfection with a tasty strawberry beure blanc sauce. I chose the garlic mashed and chilled artichoke as sides-yum! I have good luck with the specials altho' DH had the pork chops from the regular menu and really enjoyed his repast. You can choose your sides so be sure to ask if you aren't fond of the food pairings. We had excellent service altho' we were there without a crowd. It was a surprisingly romantic experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Located in a strip mall near Soquel, the front of the place is not particularly inviting. However, hidden away are relaxing dining rooms and a beautiful enclosed garden.. The food was very good and the service was the same.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

when i walked in i really liked the atmosphere and the open kitchen. it took several minutes to be greeted and the service the remainder of the was an effort to get service to order more for the group i was with. the food, very disappointing. the fish and their roasted chicken were precooked and warmed, which i do not expect for these prices. the fish was also overcooked and bland. the best and freshest item on the plates was the mashed potatoes; creamy with flavor. would not return.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Love Cafe Cruz! The food is incredible, the wait staff are excellent. With options like sitting outside, the garden room, bar or in the dining room it makes for a relaxed atmosphere. The only reason I didn't give it an Excellent is because they hiked the prices up & I feel like the proportions are smaller.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has become our favorite in the Santa Cruz area. The menu is always changing and always wonderful. The portion sizes are perfect, the entrees and sides are perfectly done and delicious. Last night, we both had the flank steak (medium, and cooked to perfection!), with whisky sauce. My husband had the yukon gold potatoes and the Napa slaw sides (love their Napa slaw with buttermilk/sesame dressing instead of mayo!), while I had polenta (my favorite Cafe Cruz comfort side) and Napa slaw. We sat outside under the stars, and it was perfect! As always, service and presentation were flawless, and our meals arrived fairly quickly. What a great place!!