“Very good food”

Dining options: Buffet
San Jose, California
“Very good food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently stopped at Mandarin House Restaurant for lunch. This was our second visit to this restaurant and we found the food to be very good and reasonably priced. Although this restaurant is know for its all-you-can-eat buffet, we opted for the lower calorie entrees. We had sweet and sour chicken and vegetables with tofu. Both were very good. Along with the entree came your choice of two soups, spring rolls and fortune cookies.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Allan G

california
“I love their pot stickers...what can I say?”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

As my title says, I'm here for the pot stickers. They are good. They are super friendly and offer free iced tea which is always a nice perk. Most people come here for the buffet so they can try a little bit of everything but ordering off the menu is absolutley okay. They have a small little desert bar and offer ice cream for desert.

Visited April 2013
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Excellent Chinese Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I really like the food at this restaurant. The sauces are the way they should be, not overpowering, very flavorful. The pot stickers are as good as I have ever eaten. I have not tried the buffet here, I just order off of the menu to go. Excellent wait staff too.

• Visited March 2013
Sonora
“Buffet not so fresh”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

From time to time I think of returning here for a meal, and then while I'm going through the buffet line I remember why I don't frequent this restaurant. The food seems to all taste alike, it doesn't appear fresh and usually several item trays are empty. I now vow to not return ever again!

Visited December 2012
Los
“Good Asian buffet in the Sierra foothills”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Coming from the San Jose, Los Angeles, and San Diego areas, our group is accustomed to good Asian food including the buffet-style restaurants. We stumbled across this restaurant while driving by to our hotel in Sonora. I was a bit wary to try it, but it turned out to be a nice experience. The restaurant was clean. The decor was what you'd expect in a buffet restaurant. The selection was nice and varied. Most of the entries tasted good, as what you'd expect in an Asian buffet; they had sushi which was commendable, however, it didn't taste quite right... it was too chilled, and was rather bland. They actually had crab legs and lobster pieces when we were there which was surprising in itself; they were OK in taste, as one would expect in a buffet.

We had 11 folks in our group, and this restaurant hit the spot at the right time. Just remember to set your expectations straight and remember this is a buffet.

The restaurant was hard to find though. Facing the strip mall, it is to the far left side facing away from the main stores.

Visited December 2012