My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was exactly what we expected from a Best Western: good, neat, clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and the room was a good size with a comfortable bed and ample room for our luggage. The location is good since it's right by the highway but still quiet. We were hiking in the area and we liked being at a relatively convenient distance from trails but also close to Sonora, which offers a greater choice of restaurants and shops for the evenings.
The slight downside in my opinion is that breakfast is served at a restaurant near the hotel and not as a buffet at the hotel itself, but the food was also decent and the restaurant is right across from the hotel entrance.
Overall we felt that we received a good value for our money and would come back if we decide to go hiking in the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Sonora, California hotel conveniently located in the heart of Gold Country. Those in need of Yosemite lodging will not be disappointed at the Best Western Sonora Oaks! Guests will be a short distance from many landmarks and attractions, including the Sierra Railroad, Columbia State Park and Yosemite National Park. Guests will also be near Dodge Ridge Ski Area, Leland Snow Park and we are the closest hotel to Black Oak Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel Sonora
- Sonora Best Western