“Fantastic Atmosphere”

SF
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend who told me that this was by far the best restaurant in Tuolumne County. I have to say I concur. I was greeted with a smile, Sat at a nice window table where I could watch the world go by. The waitress came over and recommended a great glass of wine and was able to tell me a lot about the winery and the wine in detail, which is a rarity to find someone with so much wine knowledge. I wanted to experience everything this restaurant had to offer so I started with a bowl of Gazpacho soup. The soup tasted like it was only made minutes earlier, I found out from the waitress that all the ingredients used are from the local farmers market, to ensure the best product possible. My Second course was the Banny's Burger with Gorgonzola and Grilled onions. I ordered in Medium rare and it could not have been cooked more perfectly. The third course was a choc & Espresso mousse, made fresh that day, it was simply extraordinary. The atmosphere and environment is also enhanced with local artists’ artwork on the wall. I found that every month, a new artist shows their artwork in the restaurant. This made it very cozy. I have eaten all over the world and this is by far one of the best restaurants I have been to. If you truly want to experience all that Sonora has to offer then Banny's is the place you want to see. They have been in business for 20 years and have earned a well deserved place in Sonora history.

1 Thank Food_Picasso

Los Gatos
“Long Time Customer”
Reviewed July 5, 2008

As a long time customer, I recently read reviews and thought I would respond. Banny's is a must stop for us when we are in Sonora. We've eaten at Banny's at least several dozen times over the last eight years. We have always experienced well prepared and flavorful meals. They have a good wine selection and we never have had a meal we didn't thoroughly enjoy. The one negative, as some have complained of, is the service. It is generally slow and we occasionally have had to ask for our drinks, refills and for a check a second time. If you aren't in a rush, however, the food and comfortable atmosphere are well worth the little extra time.

2 Thank dhen
Sonoma
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Excellent all around!!!!

2 Thank JoeSonoma
Twentynine Palms, California
“My Favorite Place to Eat”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Banny's cafe is a long time favorite of mine. I have tried most of the dishes and much of the wine selection and have yet to be disappointed. The restuarant is rather large, for a small town family owned restuarant, and they always have local artists' work featured on the walls.
I absolutly adore the Banny's classic salad! it has walnuts in it which I'm allegeric to so the chef always goes out of his way to put pecans in the salad for me instead. The clam appetizer is another favorite of mine. The sauce is so flavorful that it's like getting a delicous soup with your appretizer. I enjoy that the food is homemade, the polenta is made fresh the quiche has homemade dough. And best of all the pasta is homemade fresh which is a real treat.
Best of all is the desserts. The selection is small but the favor is big. The Meyers lemon mouse with blackberry sauce is out of this world.
I live in sacramento but everytime I'm in sonora I make time to stop by for atleast a salad and a glass of wine.
The staff is friendly and helpful and I love dining at Banny's.

3 Thank XoKittyXp
Sonora Ca
“A Waste of Time and Money”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Prices are not average 10, they are average $22 with food and service that are not worth it. Service is very poor. Only one other table had people and food was small and not of fine dining quality. I suggest you skip this restaurant.

Been to Banny's Cafe? Share your experiences!