“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Had to wait for a table which, for a restaurant in a small town, we took as a good sign. Four of us went and ordered a wide range of craft beers, appetisers & main courses. Everybody was very happy with what they got. Service was charming, friendly & helpful (e.g. guided us not to over-order anything). The bill was very reasonable for what we had. Recommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

very good food (great burgers). The mushroom and olive salad was also very good. Services was excellent

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here after hiking Table Mountain. They didn't look twice at us and the fact we were dusty. Great service! Friendly staff. I had the special salad with a Sauvignon Blanc and it was so tasty! My husband had a burger and loved it. It was cooked to perfection for him.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My burger was ... kind of amazing. I hate it when restaurants overcook burgers, and I find that quite often even when I ask for my burger to be done medium, it comes with MAYBE the slightest hint of pink. This medium burger was red, and warm, and juicy, and made a total mess as I ate it, as a real burger ought to. The garlic fries that came with it (paid extra for the garlic upgrade) were OK, though I'm not a fan of shoestring fries.

My wife's meal fared somewhat worse -- her potato and cheese soup was a little gritty, and suffered from an over-abundance of very very strong cheese. Her grilled cheese sandwich was ... OK, I suppose, but the lettuce in it sort of made it a bit weird.

I'd come back for the burger any day of the week. I'd skip the soup and grilled cheese sandwich.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Lovely building and great staff - super friendly. We were starving when we arrived and we ordered sweet potato fries and a burger each, they had gluten free burger buns for me which was awesome. Super yum.