“Best Dogs Ever!”
Review of J Doggs - CLOSED

J Doggs
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stopped for lunch and really enjoyed the atmosphere at JDoggs. They play music from the 40's and the counter stools are real retro looking. The place had such an old fashioned feel and a lot of local people eat there, always a good sign. My husband couldn't tell from the menu how big the hot dogs were, so he asked if the dogs were wimpy. The waitress said something like "Sir, we don't serve wimpy dogs here. So he had the Mutt, which is a large regular hot dog, basically made the way you want it. I had the Heeler which was supposed to be deep fried, but I asked for it steamed. It had bacon and fried onions. You can choose from 2 types of hot dogs or a polish for most hot dog items on the menu. You have a choice of fries or a green salad to have with your hot dog. I had a salad with the special house ranch dressing. It was really good, They were very busy when we were there but the food was so good, it was worth the wait!

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My son and I read all the reviews raveing about this place and decided to give it a try on our guys night. We were disappointed to see how much their menu relies on nacho cheese sauce. We both tried hot dogs that did not have nacho cheese. I had the buffalo sauce dog and was every disappointed by the under ripe produce that was on the dog as well as the salad. He had the deep fried bacon wrapped polish and said that he liked the real Caspers much better. I am not sure what everyone else ate that gave reviews but I think that their past experiences elsewhere must not have been very good. Don't get me wrong, the staff is very friendly and the location downtown is fun and the food is eatable, but no where near the 5 stars the majority of the reviews have given this place.

1  Thank JonPaulsr
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

It's hard to find a good hot dog but they have the best! I had a Casper dog with everything and it was just like I remembered! Hubby had the Western Highland. It had this garlic ranch sauce that was phenomenal! So glad we found this little hole in the wall.

1  Thank Fofanna87
Reviewed April 15, 2014

JDoggs has a great atmosphere and outstanding burgers and dogs. The chef's sauces are out of this world; the service is great. I highly recommend the old-fashioned milkshakes and the onion rings.

1  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You can't imagine, so many new ways to have a hotdog! Wrapped in bacon, with avacado, chili or whatever. Going there again today for lunch.

1  Thank LAURIE S