“Great stay at the Bradford Place Inn”

Bradford Place Inn and Gardens
Ranked #3 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great stay at the Bradford Place Inn”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was on a business trip in the US and later went on vacation in California.
I stayed the night in Sonora at the Bradford Place Inn.
I got the suite , Carol Channing's bedroom ! that was awesome !
The innkeeper - Eli, was a great host. all and all it was a great experience!
I highly recommend this Inn !!

Oren

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Eli S, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Oren,

Thank you for your visit and very kind review! It's a great pleasure to welcome guests from all parts of the world, whether on business or vacation. :)

I always do my best to make you feel at home, whether it's making vegetarian or even vegan meals (as you requested), or anything I can do to help.

I'm glad you enjoyed staying in the Bradford Suite (where Broadway Diva the great Carol Channing has visited several times). The room is spacious and light, with a large sitting area for relaxing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Eli was very knowledgeable of the area and a great host. We arrived a few hours early unexpectedly and he was most accommodating, providing us places to see and restaurants to eat. He cooked us an awesome gourmet breakfast and the bed we stayed in was very comfortable. The rooms were cozy (as expected) but were nicely decorated and the space well used. I would highly recommend a weekend getaway to Bradford Place Inn and Gardens B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Corinne and thank you for your nice review!

We certainly do our best always to give you a comfortable stay in our inn. Whether it's a business visit, a long stay or an overnight visit. There is a lot to do here in this little town and I'm always glad to help with suggestions for restaurants or day trips, things to see and attractions.

We'd be glad to welcome you again on your next trip here!
Landstuhl, Germany
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I go to Sonora once a month for business. I stumbled upon this B&B after researching the area. I usually take the Yosemite suite which has its own patio..... its like being home....Great location, walking distance to downtown . Eli is a wonderful host..... very hospitable . He makes this wonderful eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce.....yummmy!! Love his 2 dogs, especially Marylou....Highly recommend this place.........

Room Tip: great for business travelers or anyone wanting a good deal
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
thank you for frequenting my inn.

It's been a great plasure to welcome you time after time and hope that you always feel welcome, friendly and cheerful atmosphere that we try to keep here.

King, North Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Eli, the innkeeper, was exceptionally nice and helped up use our small amount of time in Sonora wisely. Eli also provides wonderfully thoughtful touches to his Inn and we felt very much like VIP's. The room was very clean and the bed very comfy.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello and thank you for your very kind review.

When you visit from so far away it's nice to have a home away from home and I was glad to hellp you find that here.

It was a real pleasure and a treat to host you and would be proud to host you again if you make it out to our great state on your next vacation. :)

Thanks!

Fresno, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our 1st time staying in a B&B and we weren't quite sure what to expect. We opted tor the room downstairs with our own private patio which included a small waterfall. Our room was lovely with every amenity. Our bathroom had a huge shower plus a jacuzzi tub!! The towels were of the highest quality, Frette brand. Looked online when we returned home because i wanted to purchase + discovered they were $80.00 for a bath towel!!! Walked to church (St. Patrick's) on Sunday morning which was 2 doors down. Overall it was a lovely experience + we thank our innkeeper Eli for his hospitality.

Room Tip: Downstairs room has private entrance + patio
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jolaine32414
, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hi again Jolaine and thanks for your review!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Yosemite room--it's definitely my favorite and the private patio is a big plus on that room.

I'm glad you liked the Frette towels (as well as sheets on the king-sized bed, robes hanging in the closet and even table linens). It's one of the little things that I think makes the inn a special place.

I hope that you will enjoy other bed and breakfasts as well (but hold a special place for your visit to Bradford Place Inn!

northern California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We recently had the utter pleasure of staying at Bradford Place for the first time. Upon arrival we were greeted by two sweet, well-mannered Irish Setters, who beat the innkeeper, Eli, in welcoming us.

The inn is charming & has tasty baked treats waiting in the parlor. After checking in & confirming our choices for breakfast, we were shown upstairs to our already-cooled room, the Tioga, which is smaller but has high ceilings & good lighting, both natural & electric. The vintage green & white bathroom’s tub/shower has glass doors instead of a clingy curtain. We EACH had two plush, snowy white towels, so I could shower before dinner without worrying if I'd have a dry towel tomorrow. Was grateful for the makeup wipes, which are more appealing than the brown cloth some B&Bs want you to use. Our comfy bed had four pillows with snowy-white ironed linens; no possibly-dirty pillow shams here!

After returning from dinner that Saturday evening, we decided to relax in the front parlor. Mary Lou, one of the dogs, came over & looked at me inquisitively, so I scratched her ears. She was happy to sit & allow me to pet her for a good 15 minutes! Eli chatted with us in between his other duties. My husband asked about the player pianos & Eli was kind enough to play some of the music he's collected. We were treated to Debussy; Gershwin; "Stardust"; a gorgeous variation on "Blue Danube" & several other rolls. Heavenly! We three had wonderful conversation between songs, with the dogs occasionally checking on us. We finally retired after 10, but if we hadn’t been yawning (or concerned about annoying other guests) I think we would have continued on till the wee hours!

I woke up about 6:30 after a quiet night. The bell from a nearby church started tolling softly around 7. After long, hot showers, we headed down for breakfast: Norwegian-style Eggs Benedict (salmon for breakfast? yes, please!). As the other guests had already eaten, Eli stayed & chatted with us for a while before we had to go upstairs & pack.

This B&B is a treasure, in no small part due to the owner's efforts! We can’t wait to plan our next getaway there.

Room Tip: If you like morning sunshine, the Tioga room is bright and cheery.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Michelle, I'm completely flabbergasted! Thank you so much for that review!

I also had a great time sitting with you (and was wishing that I could have spent more time then!) and playing the player pianos. It's a true delight to be able to share that with my guests and I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much too.

But still, the base of having a good time at a bed and breakfast must be where you are staying--the rest is just the cherry on the top. The Tioga room that you selected is one of our most popular rooms. It's the most economical room and yet has everything you need want in a basic room. You have windows for air, it's quiet and it's comfortable, and quaint and charming.

I'm glad you liked the towels--luxurious Frette towels (and bathrobes as well), fresh and bright white.

And of course, my cooking. I'm really proud of my pastry and all my breakfasts, but yes, the eggs benedict served norwegian style is definately one of my signature breakfasts. Glad you enjoyed it!.

Finally, thank you for your visit. The great reward of running a bed and breakfast is being able to meet and visit with my guests. Looking forward to your next visit!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights on short notice. The house is very centrally located in Sonora, yet very quit. The gardens are lovely. Our room was well appointed and had everything we might possible want. Eli is a very gracious and accommodating host. The breakfasts were deliciious, and we loved being able to choose what we wanted for breakfast, as well as the time and where we wanted it served. The dogs are lots of fun to have around. Eli also provided awsome homemade pastries. Both nights, we skipped dessert and came home to Eli's homemade pastries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Hi Claudia and thank you!

I'm very glad that you enjoyed the comfortable Tuolumne room during your stay. You mentioned quiet--it is amazing how this inn is so close to the downtown (just 1 block from historic Washington street) and yet you have quiet and restful space here.

Mary Lou and Billy Ray join me in thanking you for your visit and wish you a speedy return!

Eli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Gunn House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Jamestown
Murphys Suites
Murphys Suites
#2 of 4 in Murphys

Been to Bradford Place Inn and Gardens? Share your experiences!