“Lovely and Comfy!”

Bradford Place Inn and Gardens
Ranked #3 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a lovely Victorian house with delightful touches and an even more delightful innkeeper. Eli was welcoming, friendly, and more than willing to help enhance our stay in the Gold Country. Breakfasts were so fresh and delicious, and the bed was so comfortable! The location is perfect as a "home base" for exploring the surrounding area. We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review and your visit.

It was a true delight to host you in your stay in the Tioga room. I was glad to get to know you and welcome you--one of my first guests and the start of a delightful season so far.

I've now been here 2 months and have been fortunate to enjoy so many wonderful guests that each one feels almost like a guest in my home rather than a guest in my inn...

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We have traveled to several Inns & B&B s and My hubby & I felt that we enjoyed our stay here immensely. First the gardens and front porch are lovely and welcoming. Later in spring and summer it will be blooming with color.
At the entrance Dottie made us immediately feel comfortable. Our rm the Yosemite was so comfortable. Loved the lrg bathroom and little attention to detail like a simple ribbon tied around the toiletries. It had the cutest private garden. I wish the weather was warmer but we were so toasty and warm in our rm. The location is great to walk down town and shop or dine. Unfortunately some places are closed on Sunday evenings.
We had a relaxing morning. Breakfast is flexible offered between 8:00 and 11:00am with coffee at 7:00. That's very rare. Usually it's only at a certain time and you must be up and ready early or miss it. The food was attractive and good. Also drinks were available as was hot water in the dinning area at all times as well as a little dessert. snack.
I enjoy Sonora and surrounding towns a lot. We were there researching real estate.
This Inn is for sale Dottie wants to retire. I'm not sure if it would be the same without her and her laughing personality so go see her soon and have a relaxing time too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Wow!

What a complete surprise to see that you folks posted several images of your stay at Bradford Place along with a very long and newsy review! Great photography, by the way! Your post and the images were totally unexpected! I hope you had fun checking out the local real estate market! Again, thanks so much - and we'll see you sometime soon!

P.S. Oh -- about the desserts you mentioned? WHAT desserts!!! Little nibblins' -- yes!

Dottie Musser, Resident Owner
BRADFORD PLACE - SONORA, CALIFORNIA
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success -- Just Starting Our 12th Year (time flies when it's fun)

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Greeted by innkeeper and owner Dottie when we arrived and seeing where we would be staying for 2 nights was beyond our expectations. We relaxed in the Tioga room which is the smallest of the 4 rooms here but exactly what we needed in price and coziness. The bed was so comfy and everything was dreamy and quaint. PERFECT for a time away as a couple. We LOVED it and will back!

Jack & Sharolyn Coldren

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for your unsolicited review!

Guess what, the Tioga room -- the room you chose -- has always been my favorite room here, and I am the owner! Your comment about "beyond expecations" made me smile! How can a small room be beyond expectations!!! To all you folks reading this who have never stayed here, we are talking small, as in -- you can sit in the pretty upholstered matching channel back chairs and use the bed as a footstool as you watch your flat panel TV -- you know, the real skinny kind of TV! I suppose the 9 foot ceiling throughout the room does give a sense of spaciousness. And the bathroom is right there -- NO hall bathrooms here!

I am soooo glad you enjoyed the Tioga room and your time at Bradford Place! Hope you can return soon!

Thanks again!

Dottie Musser, Resident Owner
Bradford Place - Sonora, California
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success - Now in Our 12th Year Innkeeping

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This centrally located yet quietly-situated B&B is great! Dottie was happy to accommodate our unexpected arrival, ensuring that we enjoyed our spur-of-the-moment trip stop in Sonora. Everything was clean and prim, yet warm and homey. And the breakfast was superb! We hope the next owner is at least half as conscientious, it'll remain a great B&B!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Hello!

And thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Bradford Place. We always appreciate it when guests take it upon themselves to make an on-line post.

Our primary goal is to ensure that each and every guest who comes through our doors has a fabulous experience, more than they could have ever expected! Thank you for validating our sincere commitment to our guests in providing a memorable stay.

Hurry back, soon! And since you mentioned in your post that new owners are in the works, who knows, maybe I will still be here on your next visit -- as an employee of Bradford Place after I formally retire from ownership! I simply LOVE innkeeping!

Dottie, Resident Owner
BRADFORD PLACE - SONORA
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed at the Bradford for 1 night on my way to Yosemite. Dottie goes out of her way to be helpful and kind. She also makes an exceptional breakfast, one of the best I have ever had. The Inn is just 1 block off of Main Street so the walking is fun and there is a lot going on in Sonora. It's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank questioneverything01
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Hello!

Thanks so much for taking it upon yourself to make the time to write about your stay at Bradford Place. You mentioned in your review that you stayed here recently on your way to Yosemite.

We remember you! I belielve you stayed in our smallest room, the Tioga. Yep, a bit on the small size so the ' value' and 'rooms' criteria TA rating from a hotel perspective might not measure up to the fullest. But the Tioga has ALWAYS been my favorite room here -- and I am the owner!

Of course, the bathroom in all the rooms here, including Tioga is en suite. I have looked into getting new faucets in the bathroom sink and also in the bath tub but it is not the easiest thing to find. I know it would sound like a simple project, however, the sink, tub and toilet are in excellent condition though not new. Your review has prompted me to start my search again for new faucets. I think it would make a better presentation. Incidentally, I have had many guests plead with me to keep the original 'art deco' green American Standard bathroom fixtures in your room. So I'll comply!

I'm glad you enjoyed the cooked-to-order breakfast that is always a complimentary feature at Bradford Place.

Thanks again for your comments! Hope you can make it out to California again and stay here!

Dottie, Resident Owner
Bradford Place - Sonora
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Although I sent a thank you note to the innkeeper shortly after my stay, I'm overdue in posting a recommendation to this establishment. It's a truly charming B&B, with an even more charming host, and the breakfast is wonderful. Dottie has attended to every detail....and then some. Slept like a baby. Perfect location in town....easy walking access to historical sites, several great choices for dinner on the main street + some interesting shops as well. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your heart-felt and unsolicited post here on TripAdvisor! You mentioned the excellent downtown location of Bradford Place -- yep, it's something we hear quite frequently from our guests -- and that it's so quiet at night. Again, Thank You -- we hope to see you on a return visit sometime soon!

Dottie Musser, Owner -- Bradford Place, Sonora, California

2000 to 2010 -- A Decade Of Excellence

Where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"

Reviewed September 10, 2010

The inn is wonderful. It's small and quaint, but that's just what we wanted. We stayed in the Yosemite Room on the first floor. It has its own entrance from the personal patio/garden. The whirlpool tub is awesome and in a very well tiled and decorated bathroom. By far the best feature is Dottie's breakfast! You can have it brought to your room anytime before 11am. It's great for those of us on vacation who like to sleep in! :) Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

We appreciate your note here and we are so happy that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time in the Yosemite Room at Bradford Place. Thanks again for taking the time to share from your heart -- and as you know, reviews are always appreciated but are never solicited. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Dottie Musser, Owner -- Bradford Place, Sonora, California

Where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Gunn House Hotel
#5 of 7 in Groveland
Jamestown Hotel
Jamestown Hotel
#1 of 5 in Jamestown

Been to Bradford Place Inn and Gardens? Share your experiences!