Aladdin Inn
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Free Internet
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsone nightwifi connectionfree breakfasthigher ratespacious roomhot tubyosemite valleystay there againwould highly recommend this hotelice machinemotelmonomicrowavemurphysironratescleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We found the Aladdin to be very clean with decent sized rooms. The value (AA rate available) is good considering similar motels in the area. Keep in mind that this motel is in the eastern part of town. You are not in the historic downtown area and not within easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants on the main drag. However, if you don't care, you can easily drive to downtown or eat at the many outlying restaurants. They have a continental breakfast in the lobby (waffle maker, bagels, cold cereal, donuts). There are only a couple of tables in the lobby so you may need to bring your food to your room. There is a pool and whirlpool. And if you need to pick up supplies, there is a nearby Wal-Mart via a 5-minute drive. This is a 2-story property with no elevator as far as I can tell so if you don't want to lug up a lot of luggage, ask for a first floor room. A nice plus is having a refrigerator and microwave in the room at no extra cost.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CorkMaster
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We loved our stay at the Inn! The have a great continental breakfast in the lobby every morning. Also we were happy that there was free wifi in the room which made it easier to keep up with things. The staff was very nice and helpful and the rooms were clean and big!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank luluk56
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I always enjoy reading the reviews put here on Trip Advisor, but as usual I wonder just what are people thinking! Anyway, I wanted to take my 2 daughters, aged 8 and 14 to the snow and spend a night-I knew exactly what I wanted as far as lodging and a continental breakfast was a must for the kids-Since it was President's Day weekend we booked ahead of time-most of the hotels in the area would not give us a reservation because they had a 2 night minimum for holidays and of course the prices were higher as well. With my AAA discount we paid $105 for our room at the Aladdin Inn-but it was WELL worth it. The room was more than adequate, 2 QUEEN size beds(one reviewer claimed the beds were too small?-Whatever!), a coffee maker, small fridge, and microwave. The TV was pretty ancient, but we didnt drive all that way to watch TV anyway! Yes, it was a clean room, although unlike another reviewer, I did not check the tub for a single hair? or test the top of the door jams-that is just WEIRD!
It was full to capacity and unfortunately there are people in the world that think their children are just wonderful and can do no wrong-so although we were dog tired from our day in the snow there were some children running up and down the hallways up until about midnight-so I had to call upon the "surly" night staff-as indicated by another reviewer-but apparently I am much more surly then the night guy-I found him extremely helpful and I actually felt sorry for him that he had to deal with such rude children and their parents-perhaps the reviewer that found him so "surly" was one of those kinds of parents! Anyway, the continental breakfast was awesome! Nothing like Im used to having at your average Travelodge-There were 3 kinds of cereal, milk, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, hot cocoa, donuts, bagels, english muffins, bananas, apples, oranges, and a wafflemaker-that made fresh hot belgian waffles! We would have easily spent $20-$25 at a restaurant for the same meal! Do yourself a favor and read the other reviews with a grain of salt-if you are looking for a family friendly MOTEL(not a 5-star hotel) with friendly staff and a great breakfast this your place-it is beyond me that this place recieved a #4 out of 8-Im curious about the other hotels-but still plan to stay here on our next weekend at the snow!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank SunnyJoy
Reviewed October 9, 2007

As previously stated, the property is very clean. Breakfast is typical of the "free" meals found in most hotels. The evening staff was surly the, AM staff more polite. On check in we were told the rate for our
Saturday night stay would be higher than the Fri. night rate, no good reason was given. Imagine our surprise when we checked the notice always found on the inside of the hotel room door and found that Sat. night rate to be $20. higher than allowed by law! (In Cal. there if a hefty fine for overcharging). Not wanting to deal with the surly evening staff we waited until morning to get our bill adjusted which they did without question. Leaves you wondering though how many times they have gotten away with it.....
Next time we will try a different hotel, there are many in the area to choose from, no need to go where you have to play games.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank etch
Reviewed October 3, 2007

My Husband and I went up to Sonora for a night out, and we chose the Aladdin in part to the posts saying how clean it was! We checked out the bathroom, very clean, not a single hair in the tub. We even checked the top of the door jam and the top of the actual door-- no dust. The bathroom floor was sparkling clean, no dust, no dirt, no hairs.

We lifted up the bed in the room, all clean there, too. The table and dresser were both clean, no lint or dirt on the carpet.

The bed was quite comfortable and the room was nicely decorated.

The Hotel staff was also very nice and allowed us to check in about 2 hours early. We did not make it to the continental breakfast, instead we went out to Dennys!

I would highly recommend this hotel, for both the pricing and the cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple