“Good Lunch”

The Peppery
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Gar and Brill" is indeed how it is spelt. They don't seem to have their own website, but a number of sites list them, such as http://mymotherlode.com.
Reviewed February 7, 2012

There peppery soup is GREAT with a side of bread! I always order that when I have lunch there.

There are newer reviews for The Peppery

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The best food and staff! Be sure to try the fried asparagus! I love their Pastrami sandwich. My husband always has the Jambalaya and they have great salads.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

any questions

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The restaurant is much like a Denny's, with many things on the menu and I didn't see a specialty. We were there at a very busy time of day so the service was a little slow but very pleasant. We had fish and chips and fish tacos that were good. The atmosphere was much like Denny's as well. The best thing about this restaurant was the visit with our friends.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

A little pricey, but they do give you nice servings. One of our group had the chicken chipotle tortellini and really liked it. I had the tri-trip sandwich, but the meat was so charred that after cutting off all of the burnt parts, I was left with about 1/3 the meat that should have been in the sandwich. However, I had started with a bowl of clam chowder that was surprising good, and the warm bread they served was also nice.

We split a dessert (a peanut butter ice cream "pie"), but it looked, and tasted of freezer burn (ick), so we sent it back, which we rarely do.

I would recommend for the clam chowder (and bread) - However I could not recommend in general.