“Heat wedding venue!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Union Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
Union Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Coleman
“Heat wedding venue!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I were married at union hill inn in November 2011. It is such a treasure. We experienced none of the problems others have written about. We had such a wonderful experience. Barbara and Don are so sweet and helpful, and their dogs are amazing as well. I can't wait to go back. I believe that this is one of the best values around when it comes to a wedding venue.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mmuscianes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at Union Hill twice and were married there. We couldn't have asked for more. Just shy of a year later and people are still talking about what a great time everyone had & the beauty of the location!

The night before the wedding the bridal party stayed up dancing and laughing with one another. Barbara is accomodating, thoughtful, and kind. She has an amazing eye for decore and has created a homey, country atmosphere.

Barbara & Don are delightful. It was raining on my wedding day, and Barbara provided umbrellas for the wedding party! Everything went beyond our expectations!

Did I mention, the breakfasts are to die for? We plan on going back for our anniversary & look forward to many years of celebrating our best memories at such an enchanting, personable, and peaceful escape.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank LitLit02
Columbia, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The search for my wedding venue was long and torturous! We encountered too small, too dark, funny smelling, creepy, too expensive, too fancy, too limited, too strict.....Nothing fit.
That is until I visited Union Hill Inn. From the moment I stepped foot onto the property, I knew I wanted to get married there. Union Hill Inn is so conveniently located. It is close to town, yet I felt a million miles away as I explored. I found rustic charm in the old buildings and natural surroundings, peace and tranquility in the sitting areas overlooking floating lilly pads in the ponds, inviting elegance in the clean and luxuious rooms, and sincere friendliness in Don and Barbara.
Being the first wedding at Union Hill Inn, no one was quite sure how things would go! It was a little scarey for all involved, as there were no examples to lead by. We didnt know what issues may arise, which set ups would work better than others, etc.
Don and Barbara were extremely accomodating. They let me have my rein on the entire venue allowing me to make all of my own decisions for everything involved, yet they were there, eager to get involved every time I had a question or needed help.
I have countless memories of Union Hill Inn seperate from the actual wedding itself; from sitting at the Great Room bar giggling with my bridesmaids until all hours of the night, snuggling up into the coziest of beds with plush pillows and fluffy blankets, and then swimming in the pool with my entire bridal party like it was my own back yard the morning after the wedding.
Amongst these great memories are the thoughts of Barbaras warm smile and thoughtful kindness. The morning of my wedding, I woke up in a dazed panick. I went searching for Barbara certain there was something I had forgotten but surely needed. I found barbara making a basket of goodies for the girls and I, filled with hair products, face creams, body lotions and the sort. Later in the morning we overtook the Inns back porch and parlar, filling the areas with clothes, shoes, mirrors, makeup, hair products and other random grooming utensils. As we were wisked away to take photographs and then hurried into our final moments of preperations, these areas were deserted with a chaotic mess left behind. Barbara never said a word. She did not chase me around asking me to clean up, she did not make a big deal out it to anyone involved. She let me have my moment free from the stress I am sure this first wedding caused her.
As brides, all we think about is making sure our day is perfect, stressing about anything and everything that could possiblly ruin that perfection. Sometimes we even go looking for those little things that we can create a fuss over. We don't see the other side of things. Our wedding parties can be like theives in the night, stealing over space that is not ours, overturning every table searching for the perfect treasures to use as our own, sure to make a big deal out of any complications. Then as quick as a tornado passes, we exit the area, often times leaving behind chaos.
Since my wedding, I have attended several events at Union Hill Inn. Sure, there were things that went awry, as with any event in any location can, but great times were had, and great memories were made all the same.
I love Union Hill Inn. I love Don and Barbara. I love the memories, perfect and impefect, that were made. It is as simple as that!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly B
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I probably should save a review for when I've actually stayed there but I just have to comment now. My parents, sister, fiance, and I went to Union Hill to check it out for a possible wedding venue in mid June, 2012. Barbara was unfortunately out of town but Don was there to show us the place and I think we were just as lucky to have him be our guide. He was such a sweet, amicable man, I just loved following him around almost as much as his chocolate lab, Molly, does. Our excitement and love for the grounds were amplified with every room we entered. It was easy to tell how much love and care, sweat and hard work, thought and effort, has been put into Union Hill to make it such a special place. It was the first and last venue we toured. We gave our downpayment and set our date right then and there and I couldn't be more pleased. If you are a bride researching this place, know that you won't find a better deal or nicer people. If you are looking just to stay a night or two in one of their rooms, I can't imagine many more places being so welcoming and relaxing. So when you decide to make a visit, be sure to say hi to Barbara and Don for me, and also, be sure to throw Molly a stick for me too.

Room Tip: My favorites were the Willow Room and the Roadhouse.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alicia W
TUOLUMNE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have visited the Union Hill Inn many times during the past 10 years, and have always been impressed with the hospitality and charm of the Inn. I am a wedding planner, and have worked with dozens of couples using the Inn as their wedding venue. I have never heard anything but wonderful comments about the property, and most couples look forward to returning to the inn for future anniversary celebrations.
Barbara and Don have done a wonderful job of creating a one of a kind experience, for guests of the inn, and for all of the guests that attend events at the inn.
The Union Hill Inn is a special place for a quiet get away, or your next special event.
And, just to let you know, I handle events all around Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties, and I have no vested interest in the property. I really like it, and that is all there is to it.
Give it a try.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank T N
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Thanks to visionary owners, an early gold rush "pig barn" is transformed into a lovely convention center and dance hall, two oedinary barns became a lovely wedding chapel and large meeting hall. We found the main house and kitchen, co-joined by a spacious, dare I say huge lobby, where one can relax in 19th century splendor. The remaining cottages retain their early charm and remind one of the rustic flavor of the old west. Owners, Barbara and Don, could not have been more friendly and accommodating during our one week stay. Doug and Ina Smith, Green Valley, AZ

Room Tip: On three separate trips, we stayed first upstairs in the big house, then the Bridal Changing cottage...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Douglas S
Pioneer, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Wow, do I love this enchanting, restful, fun, and well cared for get away place! I have gone during different times of the year and stayed in different rooms which has given me a variety of experiences from the rustic Chicken Coop to the elegant Topaz room. I also stayed in the Road House with a family group during the Christmas season and the warmth of the Inn's decorations and the caring of the owners and staff made us feel at home and gave us a wonderful holiday. The Inn's location in the gold country of Calif provides lots of nearby entertainment, but the grounds are beautiful and extensive, so you can just relax there and swim in the pool and never leave your dream. Thanks Barbara and Don for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Try them all, each one is unique
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends