“History, transformed into gracious contempory, country lodging.”
Review of Union Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
Union Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Green Valley, AZ
“History, transformed into gracious contempory, country lodging.”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Thanks to visionary owners, an early gold rush "pig barn" is transformed into a lovely convention center and dance hall, two oedinary barns became a lovely wedding chapel and large meeting hall. We found the main house and kitchen, co-joined by a spacious, dare I say huge lobby, where one can relax in 19th century splendor. The remaining cottages retain their early charm and remind one of the rustic flavor of the old west. Owners, Barbara and Don, could not have been more friendly and accommodating during our one week stay. Doug and Ina Smith, Green Valley, AZ

Room Tip: On three separate trips, we stayed first upstairs in the big house, then the Bridal Changing cottage...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Douglas S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pioneer, California
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Wow, do I love this enchanting, restful, fun, and well cared for get away place! I have gone during different times of the year and stayed in different rooms which has given me a variety of experiences from the rustic Chicken Coop to the elegant Topaz room. I also stayed in the Road House with a family group during the Christmas season and the warmth of the Inn's decorations and the caring of the owners and staff made us feel at home and gave us a wonderful holiday. The Inn's location in the gold country of Calif provides lots of nearby entertainment, but the grounds are beautiful and extensive, so you can just relax there and swim in the pool and never leave your dream. Thanks Barbara and Don for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Try them all, each one is unique
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank linda z
Pioneer, California
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Union Hill Inn several times during the Christmas holidays and have been thoroughly charmed by its beauty and nothing short of pampered by Barbara and the staff on each visit. I could not believe the negative reviews I was reading about this amazing "getaway oasis" when I got on this site today. I do not normally take the time to write reviews, however this time I felt it was important to let people know that my accommodations have always been pristine, the food is truly superb and I would and have highly recommended the Union Hill Inn to my family and closest friends.

Lisa B

Room Tip: I love the roadhouse. It is roomy, light and quiet. There is a good size kitchen, washer/dryer, li...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lisa b
Treherne
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been a guest of this Inn for 10 years. I come here to northern California every winter. As a snowbird,from Canada, I can't say enough about my warm experiences with the Innkeepers Don and Barbara. I have found the venue clean,friendly and critter free...( the odd ant doesn't count,cause you are in the foothills ! ) I have looked at the negative comments posted here and paid special attention to them as I visited.....they are not only incorrect but cruel and vindictive !!!! I feel they were trying to get something nice for free...to bad there are people like this in this world. Good luck Union Hill on your continued sucess with weddings and other functions.
I'll be back soon. B. Latimer,Manitoba ,Canada

Room Tip: The new " Willow Room" is a comfortable beautiful experience....very warm.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bonnie L
Sonora, California
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've read some of the negative reviews and quit frankly am surprised! My fiancee and I spent three nights, four days in the Road House at Union Hill Inn for my birthday and we couldn't have been more pleased. We found Barbara to be a wonderful hostess and the rustic accommodations were charming, it was like stepping back in time.
We were made to feel welcome and were given a tour of the property and other rooms by very friendly staff members as well as being served the most wonderful breakfast without having to even leave our Roadhouse hideaway, the choice was ours. Each room we saw was as picture pretty as the last and we would have stayed in any one of them, clean and decorated with a flare I've often wished I had.
Thumbs up to Union Hill Inn, can't wait to go back!
Jeanne L.

Room Tip: All the rooms look like Homes and Garden Magazine, but we loved the roadhouse it is a little more se...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeanne L
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am very please to say I had my baby shower their I couldn't of ask for a better place to celebrate my daughter coming into the world. The owners were amazing they helped an anyway they could. The Union Hill Inn is very well organized clean and beautiful. To those that wrote the nasty comments I have one thing to say if this property was so nasty to u why did u stay the whole weekend as u stated in your comment I completley dissagree with everything u wrote its almost as if we stayed and two completly different places. We are blessed to have The Union Hill Inn a gods gift to us.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank mylov
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Over the weekend of March 21 thru 23, I attended my nieces wedding at the "Union Hill Inn". I found the entire experience to be exceptional. On first meeting with Barbara and Don, I was graciously welcomed, and given a complete tour of the grounds and accommodations. Around every corner, there are new and exciting surprises. During my tour, I closely inspected the kitchens, dinning rooms/halls and of course my accommodations. The entire Inn would have passed a "White Glove" inspection. Every one of the invited guests were thoroughly taken with the kindness, graciousness and zealousness with which Barbara, Don, Bonnie and Emily attended to every detail. My apologies to the lady that cooked my breakfast..., I don't remember her name. What a culinary perfectionist... thank you. It is my opinion that the negative comments that appear on this site, are a campaign against the Union Hill Inn, perpetrated by other local hotels, motels and/or Inns, to generate more clientele for themselves. I stand firmly in my position that the "Union Hill Inn" is a warm, wonderful and immaculate venue for any and all occasions. Don and Barbara are to be commended for their attention to every detail. But most especially, Thank you for your gracious kindness to me and my family. I hope to return soon, and remain "friends".
Chris Rowe.

Room Tip: Every room is a jewel. I might suggest the "Topaz" room w/Sauna, or the "Jade"...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christopher R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage
Jamestown Hotel
Jamestown Hotel
#1 of 5 in Jamestown

Been to Union Hill Inn? Share your experiences!