“Don't underestimate this venue.”
Review of Union Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
Union Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been a guest of this Inn for 10 years. I come here to northern California every winter. As a snowbird,from Canada, I can't say enough about my warm experiences with the Innkeepers Don and Barbara. I have found the venue clean,friendly and critter free...( the odd ant doesn't count,cause you are in the foothills ! ) I have looked at the negative comments posted here and paid special attention to them as I visited.....they are not only incorrect but cruel and vindictive !!!! I feel they were trying to get something nice for free...to bad there are people like this in this world. Good luck Union Hill on your continued sucess with weddings and other functions.
I'll be back soon. B. Latimer,Manitoba ,Canada

Room Tip: The new " Willow Room" is a comfortable beautiful experience....very warm.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bonnie L

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've read some of the negative reviews and quit frankly am surprised! My fiancee and I spent three nights, four days in the Road House at Union Hill Inn for my birthday and we couldn't have been more pleased. We found Barbara to be a wonderful hostess and the rustic accommodations were charming, it was like stepping back in time.
We were made to feel welcome and were given a tour of the property and other rooms by very friendly staff members as well as being served the most wonderful breakfast without having to even leave our Roadhouse hideaway, the choice was ours. Each room we saw was as picture pretty as the last and we would have stayed in any one of them, clean and decorated with a flare I've often wished I had.
Thumbs up to Union Hill Inn, can't wait to go back!
Jeanne L.

Room Tip: All the rooms look like Homes and Garden Magazine, but we loved the roadhouse it is a little more se...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne L
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am very please to say I had my baby shower their I couldn't of ask for a better place to celebrate my daughter coming into the world. The owners were amazing they helped an anyway they could. The Union Hill Inn is very well organized clean and beautiful. To those that wrote the nasty comments I have one thing to say if this property was so nasty to u why did u stay the whole weekend as u stated in your comment I completley dissagree with everything u wrote its almost as if we stayed and two completly different places. We are blessed to have The Union Hill Inn a gods gift to us.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank mylov
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Over the weekend of March 21 thru 23, I attended my nieces wedding at the "Union Hill Inn". I found the entire experience to be exceptional. On first meeting with Barbara and Don, I was graciously welcomed, and given a complete tour of the grounds and accommodations. Around every corner, there are new and exciting surprises. During my tour, I closely inspected the kitchens, dinning rooms/halls and of course my accommodations. The entire Inn would have passed a "White Glove" inspection. Every one of the invited guests were thoroughly taken with the kindness, graciousness and zealousness with which Barbara, Don, Bonnie and Emily attended to every detail. My apologies to the lady that cooked my breakfast..., I don't remember her name. What a culinary perfectionist... thank you. It is my opinion that the negative comments that appear on this site, are a campaign against the Union Hill Inn, perpetrated by other local hotels, motels and/or Inns, to generate more clientele for themselves. I stand firmly in my position that the "Union Hill Inn" is a warm, wonderful and immaculate venue for any and all occasions. Don and Barbara are to be commended for their attention to every detail. But most especially, Thank you for your gracious kindness to me and my family. I hope to return soon, and remain "friends".
Chris Rowe.

Room Tip: Every room is a jewel. I might suggest the "Topaz" room w/Sauna, or the "Jade"...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I just helped some dear friends with their wedding.Unlike the prior reviews I found everthing clean and rodent free. The bride and groom where thrilled with their special day. Barbara and Don where great to work with. Staff was eager to please and Brenda made some good suggestions as to set up and the flow of the reception. The room I stayed in was charming and I had a great breakfast the next morning in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cinjim12
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My wife and I were married there two years ago. It was the most incredible wedding anyone had ever attended. We are heading up there today to enjoy our anniversary as we have done for the second year in a row, and plan to do so every year. I have a hard time reading anything negative about Barbara and Don because they were wonderful to deal with before , during and after the wedding. We adore them. Our wedding was perfect in every detail. Guests were also very complementary. It is unfortunate that anyone has had a bad experience here, but as with any business anything can happen. I can assure you that it is not the norm. This is a beautiful place with wonderful people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gvessel
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was part of the wedding party featured in two other reviews.

I came here to voice my displeasure and disgust with pretty much the entire debacle that is Union Hill and have found that I've been beat to it. I don't feel I can add anything new to the discussion. The other two reviewers covered everything pretty well:

terrible service
unfriendly staff
rodent infestation
unsanitary accommodations

All in all an awful experience from top to bottom.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MaA_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
Aladdin Inn
#3 of 8 in Sonora
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage
Bradford Place Inn and Gardens

Been to Union Hill Inn? Share your experiences!