“Platypus Tours, Sonoma, California”
Review of Sonoma

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Cedar Rapids, IA
6 helpful votes
“Platypus Tours, Sonoma, California”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I just got back from a weeklong trip to Sonoma, California. My friend and I (40+ years of friendship), spent the week wine tasting, taking cooking classes, and indulging in some spa treatments. One of the best days was the day we went on a Platypus Tour, with Ken Winston as our tour leader. Ken took us to various wineries, a tasting room, a chocolate store (Yum!) and an olive oll shop. Our tour group included eight ladies from around the country. but we were bonded as a group by the end of the day. The day was full of laughter and hilarity, teasing and fun. Ken took care of us and toted our bags, told us local history and some inside stories. He even stopped at a Glen Ellen restaurant to help one of our party secure information about reservations for dinner that evening. I would highly recommend that anyone who is thinking of wine tasting in the Sonoma valley call Platypus Tours and asking for Ken as a tour guide.

Westchester, New York
11 helpful votes
“Biking in Sonoma/Napa”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Spent 5 fabulous days in Sonoma, Ca and wanted to do some serious road biking. If you are looking to rent bikes while in Sonoma, I highly recommend Sonoma Valley Bike Tours (located on Broadway in downtown Sonoma) . They have all types of bikes - basic to high end road bikes. My husband and I rented the high end road bikes. The folks at Sonoma Valley Bike tours were great. I called in advance of arriving, told them what we were looking for and reserved the bikes. We brought our own shoes with us and they provided us with the pedals to match our shoes - they have a very wide assortment. They also provide helmets, repair kits and emergency road service ( if you stay withing their recommended area) They were very knowledgeable about bike routes in the area and gave us some terrific suggestions. They also have a store in Napa. I would definitely use them again next time I am in the area.

1 Thank denisenw
petaluma,ca.
“Beau limosine" just another day in Paradise"”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We did a wine tour w/Marty Paradise a couple of months ago,and what a great experience we had!He took us to the most beautiful wineries w/great wines.His wine knowledge was unbelieveable and a big help to a couple of us who weren't so saavy on ours!He even had a picinic set up for us at bella winery.It was a very fun day and I would definatley use Marty for our next wine tour!!!Laura Mancuso petaluma,Ca.

A TripAdvisor Member
“The March Travel Group reviews our trip to Sonoma County, CA”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Our group decided to travel to Sonoma County this March, and the reviews from all were great!

My husband and I stayed at El Dorado Hotel on the main square in Sonoma, and we had an overall positive experince there. One morning we did wake to water leaking from the roof in our room, but the hotel staff was quick to move us to another room and comp us for the night in question. Very nice. (We actually ended up using that money to have a fabulous dinner in their restaurant - highly recommended!) Others from our March Group stayed at various places within walking distance from the main square, and their reviews should be posting soon.

Great Irish Bar on the square as well with good cheap food and friendly staff - can't remember the name. I would also recommend taking a biking tour of the town and vineyards. We aren't big drinkers, but did enjoy a few spots to taste - overall a fabulous trip!

Walnut Creek, CA
4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Fall Foliage”
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We bike around the beautiful wine country. During the fall season is the best time to go because the leaves are turning red, yellow & orange. Then we stopped at at winery to enjoy the view and take lots of pictures. After biking, we walked around downtown area. There are a lot of cute stores... cheese, chocolate, boutiques, ... etc. To end our trip, we grabbed some ice cream from Ben & Jerry. Yummm!

Been to Sonoma? Share your experiences!