Review Highlights
Father's Day surprise!

I surprised my husband for Father's Day with a ride in a WWII fighter plane! They have a few models... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
calsand
california
P-51

Reviewed May 5, 2018
spokanetravelgal
Spokane Wa
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Riding in a P-51 Mustang was a dream come true for my husband....we celebrated his 75th birthday by showing up for a surprise ride on one. It was unforgettable...pilot was incredibly knowledgeable and experienced....not stunts or scary-fun moments..which my husband would have loved...a pretty conservative ride.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2016

I have flown in the biplanes here at three times and would go again anytime. The planes are super sweet and the views are stunning, everything from vineyards to ocean views and flying over the marshlands. Plus, you get to wear the flying cap with sunglasses and look really cool. The first time I went up it was unplanned and I was very nervous about an open cockpit, but I enjoyed it so much. I highly recommend going up for longer than you plan as it's over way too fast, and if you are into it try the aerobatics flight for extra fun.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016

I don't exactly love flying, but this open cockpit flight in a vintage WW II aircraft was unbelievable. So fun, calm, surreal, amazing in every way. The staff are very nice and easy to work with. Such a great experience. Will definitely do it again!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Unbelievable way to see Sonoma and Napa valleys, The pilot will give you as much of a ride as your Dramamine can stand, dives, rolls and just level if you chose, J was ready to do it again!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Part of planning our US trip was to have a flight in the P40, based in Sonoma. This is a plane I have always admired since I was young. Pilot extraordinaire Chris was well versed on the history of his plane and his dedication and abilitiy to preserve, fly and share this Warbird is obvious. Pre flight done, engine was fired and then take off in this awesome aircraft. Unfortunately fog prevented a trip to the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco but Chris flew a wonderful trip around the coast and the vast Sonoma area. The Kittyhawk was a joy to fly in and it was an absolute privilege to be in this historic aircraft. It flew so well and I enjoyed every minute of a wonderful flight and an indication and appreciation of those many years ago . Full marks to the team at Vintage Aircraft Company this was one major tick off the bucket list and I'll remember this flight forever... Recommend to any person who ever thought they might, could or should....

Date of experience: July 2016