So we decided to take a last minute trip to Sonoma. We live close and the weather was supposed to be gorgeous so why not? We wanted to take our 2 year old swimming and have a nice dinner. Well...we waited a little too long to make reservations at our usual Sonoma spots: Fairmont and Lodge at Sonoma...both 4 star properties so we decided to give the Sonoma Valley Inn a try.
First off, this place is in the absolute best possible location for proximity to the plaza and all the great restuarants. We ate at Girl and Fig for lunch, and had dinner at The Eldorado Kitchen, which is also a hot spot for partying. They had live music on sat. night. Great meals at both places.
As I digress...Before reviewing this hotel it is important to note that we usually stay in 4 star properties, and if we stay in 3 star it is a Marriot etc. and remodeled etc. This hotel did not meet our usual criteria in any way other than location. Our room was 217 in the very back of the property....but not a suite as other posters have mentioned. Those rooms sound a lot better than the regular courtyard rooms, which we had. Our balcony was blocked by trees so our room received no sunlight, and the lighting in the room was dim. It was listed as a non-smoking room, but the room stank horribly of cigarettes. It was overwhelming. The bed was average...again...it depends on what you are used to. The room was an average size, and the bathroom was old with a couple of cheap upgrades. The floor was also lifting, the wallpaper peeling, the towels were thinning with holes. This motel is definitely "no frills". I would only stay here, if for 1 night, if the room was under $150, or if I couldnt get in anywhere else.
Oh..the whole reason why we decided to stay here was for the pool, and it was really cold. They don't heat it, which is unusual for Sonoma. Their hot tub was OK, but there was dirt and sand on the seat and floating in the water.
Don't expect much from this place other than a place to sleep and to leave early in the morning. This is not a hotel (actually a motel) where you want to stay in the room for longer than sleeping or to change your clothes, but is in a great location and you can walk everywhere. If you do stay here, make sure you get in a room that doesn't stink of cigarettes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western