Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We've stayed here twice, both times in the suites (in a separate building from the main hotel). The suites are large and very comfortable--great beds and bedding, and a 2-person jacuzzi in the suite. The free breakfast is pretty plain, but, hey, it's free, and there are several great bakeries within a couple of blocks, plus a Whole Foods across the street. We have paid about $200 per night for a suite, which I think is a discount from rack rate; I wouldn't want to pay any more than this. Overall, a very positive experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 15, 2009

I decided to book via the hotel site a jacuzzi room for one night prior to an event near by a few weeks from now based on reviews.

What I didn't note, was they CHARGED me for the room at the time of my reservation. Thanks to that, I incurred a series of charges I was not budgeted for. I cancelled the reservation and it took and while they did refund the charge, I'm still out quite a bit because I use my bank card for everything. Getting a hold of them has been a NIGHTMARE.

I've been unable to find any documentation on their site that support this action. I can understand if I'd booked a few days prior to the reservation.

I will never book anything at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Booked two rooms at the Sonoma Valley Inn for two nights through AAA for myself and three others about seven days prior to our stay. The front desk staff was very attentive, pleasant and offered to move another booked room so that our two rooms were adjacent to each other. The lobby, although on the small side is quite nice and offers a well-appointed buffet of coffees, fresh brewed iced tea, and water at no cost. To supplement this, each guest in a room has the ability to order a continental breakfast which is delivered to your door before 9am. All of the items, delivered on a wicker tray are fresh and delicious.

Our rooms were very spacious, covering a large space with lots of room to spread out with a side sitting area, fireplace (with free duraflame log!) and balcony facing the interior courtyard, pool and hot tub. The sink and minifridge were conveniently located on a large vanity outside of the bathroom and also included a coffeemaker and glasses/cups. We had one room with a king and the other with two queens and they were excellently appointed.

The pool, hot tub and steam room in the courtyard were very nice and rarely crowded. All of the rooms on the first floor have interior access to the courtyard via balcony while the second floor shares a common staircase. Towels and chairs were abundant.

The hotel is located 1.5 short blocks from the Sonoma city square and is a very short walk to all major restaurants and shops. There is a neat network of paths from the rear of the hotel which wind into an adjacent conference center and eventually onto 1st ave.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Sonoma Valley Inn for long or short stays and is an excellent departure point for many winery destinations or other area attractions. We were able to make a day trip all the way north to the Dry Creek area, just southwest of Geyserville with the drive taking only an hour. There is a 7Eleven and Whole Foods immediately adjacent to the property, making lunches and snacks very easy to procure. Enjoy your stay, and if I ever make it back from snowy New York I would definitely stay here again considering the price!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mattyry38
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My husband and I visited Sonoma Valley for our Honeymoon at the end of August and stayed in Sonoma for 4 nights. We wanted to get a hotel with a swimming pool and something that would be close to the winery's. Sonoma Valley Inn's location is great. We were very close to many restaurants, winery's and a great shop called the Cheese Factory. The hotel service was great and our room was cleaned everyday which was nice. The pool is an outdoor pool in the middle of the hotels with trees and bushes for shade if need be. We only spent one afternoon in the pool but it was very fun. We also spent time in the hot tub one evening which was fun. The company was pleasant the night we were out there. There is a fireplace area also ourside by the pool which you can use and spend a night around.

Each day we got a breakfast delivered to our room. (small continental breakfast with bagels, cereal etc.) It was great to eat in our room each morning.

I would definetley recommend this hotel to anyone as we enjoyed it on our trip to Sonoma Valley.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NdAllie3
Reviewed October 8, 2009

For those who are swayed by fancy hotel chains and boutique hotels, you are missing out on a great place to stay in Sonoma. The Sonoma Valley Inn is 2 blocks off the square and is the best rate in town. The pool and jacuzzi are beautiful, located inside a quaint courtyard. It's not what you expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveler2908
Reviewed October 1, 2009

A couple of longtime friends and I planned a trip to Wine Country together and wanted a hotel in Sonoma or Healdsburg that would be a nice place to stay and convenient to one of the town's quaint town squares. We found that place in the Sonoma Valley Inn. Although it doesn't look like much from the outside, it is very clean and the staff is friendly, accomodating and helpful. Our rooms were garden view with fireplaces and 2 Queen beds in each room, overlooking the center court where the swimming pool and hot tub are located. I would defintely stay here again. There are places that are more romanitic with more amenities for special occasions, but you will pay much more. If you are looking for a great place to stay after a day of wine tasting that is convenient to the Sonoma Square for walking around, shopping and dining...this is your place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel_Aficionado
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Location of the Inn is excellent for walking to the center of Sonoma and the desk agent was helpful in recommending restaurants. Our room was a standard with King bed. Room was spacious and clean, and the bed very comfortable. The problem with the place was the noise - a whine from the swimming pool area, roar of air conditioners, footsteps above, chatter of people in the morning and evening. Also, for the price (around $250) one would expect to get glass glasses, a working coffee maker, and possibly a better continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!